Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps automatically changing over to Playlists I've never listened to with (explicit lyrics)

Spotify keeps automatically changing over to Playlists I've never listened to with (explicit lyrics)

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Listening to my Playlists when it automatically and constantly changes over to gangster rap with explicit lyrics (that I've never listened or subscribed to). We have kids so I can't listen to Spotify until this gets fixed. PLEASE HELP!

4 Replies

Hi there!!!

I am sorry about that. To turn off explicit music go to settings and turn on filter explicit music. Than no explicit music can play. Sadly your playlists will still have other music until they ethier get long enough or you get premium. sorry!

Please please Like and mark as solution. (it would really help me get rockstar!)

Oops my bad you have premium! What might be happening is that it goes to spotify made playlists. Still I would turn off explicit music just in case it still happens

Also, In settings there is a option called auto play. If you turn that off it will fix it!!!

PLEASE MARK AS SOLUTION AND LIKE IF IT HELPED

Thank you for responding! However I don't think that is what is happening. Here is a typical scenario to help explain the problem:

I am listening to a song on my "Dance Rising" Playlist and right in the middle, it cuts to a gangster rap playlist. Often it does this during every song I try to listen to. The strange thing is that it is ALWAYS gangster rap that it cuts to - as if my account is hacked (tho I've changed passwords) or somehow shared with someone else who likes that music.

Suggested posts