NEXT STEP

Spotify not installing correctly

Spotify not installing correctly

Device

(ASUS UX430UAR Signature Edition)

Operating System

(Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803)

My Question or Issue

Before, I was getting a black screen when I run Spotify. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now, when I go to run Spotify, installed from the windows store, I get this error:

Error messageError message

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is a new computer. I have used Spotify for years on my old computer, including on Windows 10, and have never had issues.

I should add: I do have admin permission to install this item. But it seems permission for some file or other is blocking things.

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. You can also try this advanced uninstall guide if the first doesn't work 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Are You people even reading the questions? Turn it off and on again? Try reinstalling it? THATS HIS PROBLEM, HE CAN'T! The customer service on Spotify esp for Premium customers is at an all time low, it needs sorting! And please include an option whether to update or not! Far too many updates can't be good!

Hello!

A lot of times a restart of a device may help, also maybe he is not an admin member so the windows does not let Spotify to get installed.

Kind Regards,

Papadouris Charalambos

Suggested posts