Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 219 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 219 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

how do I find my 'songs' playlist - gone! All the other playlists are there...help please!

My Question or Issue how do I find my 'songs' playlist - gone! All the other playlists are there...help please!

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  how do I find my 'songs' playlist - gone! All the other playlists are there...help please!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution playlist description won't update

Hi.I've tried editing my playlists' description, but as soon as I close the app all the changes disappear.Has this happened to anyone else?

• Roadie
  • Hi. I've tried editing my playlists' description, but as soon as I close the app all the changes disappear. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Song banner enables itself when i open spotify

PlanMy plan is PremiumCountry FinlandDevicePc built by meOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue How to disable song banner permanently, now its coming up every time i start my pc and spotify and start a song with a media key.. Please gimme h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan My plan is Premium Country  Finland Device Pc built by me Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  How to disable song banner permanently, now its coming up e...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix Says Offline and Radio gives an error 'Failing to Load'

I have an active premium subscription and running the desktop version on Windows 7, these features have worked fine in the past but in the past month these features have stopped working, they do work after a reinstall but as soon as I close Spotify t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an active premium subscription and running the desktop version on Windows 7, these features have worked fine in the past but in the past month these features have stopped working, they do work...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

CANNOT PLAY ANY MUSIC

PlanFree/PremiumCountry- U.S.A. DeviceToshiba Laptop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) My Question or Issue- Working fine until today. I made no changes to computer before this happened. I cleared web cache and cookies (on the p...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country- U.S.A.   Device Toshiba Laptop Computer Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)   My Question or Issue- Working fine until today.  I made...
  • hgw53t
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

*Display Adapter keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify keeps crashing my display adapter. I read that it had something to do with hardware acceleration and Nvidia GPUs but it kept happening after I disabled hardware ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify keeps crashing my display adapter. I read that it had something to do with hardw...
  • LeeMania
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Now playing thumbnail missing

Hi,I just clicked a small icon like "<" next to the thumbnail at the bottom of the window, for the currently playing song. The thumbnail has been hidden and now I can't seem to bring it back... Can anyone help me and give instruction how to return to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just clicked a small icon like "<" next to the thumbnail at the bottom of the window, for the currently playing song. The thumbnail has been hidden and now I can't seem to bring it back... ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify thinks i have local files i don't have...

with spotify on windows, i used to have local files of differents artists and recently i deleted them. The problem is that everytime i want to stream one of these songs, spotify might be trying to find these songs but they aren't here anymore so i ca...

•    with spotify on windows, i used to have local files of differents artists and recently i deleted them. The problem is that everytime i want to stream one of these songs, spotify might b...
  • Razvann
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

bluetooth controller for skipping

I have a bluetooth controller which i use for playing games, it is a no name generic one. I want to know if anyone knows of an app or a way to bind the back buttons to skip songs on spotify? it annoying to have to click away from my game to spotify j...

• I  have a bluetooth controller which i use for playing games, it is a no name generic one.   I want to know if anyone knows of an app or a way to bind the back buttons to skip songs on sp...
  • Razvann
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Artwork - Lower Left Corner

PlanFree/PremiumCountry CanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLogged on this morning and I really like the change with the Heart icon now. Makes it easy to see what I have saved.However, the main thing I noticed is that al...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Logged on this morning and I really like the change with the Heart icon now. Ma...
  • SarahPhalen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to Shuffle All Saved Songs

Plan UnlimitedCountry USADevice PCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I don't know what I want to listen to I used to be able to select from the "Your Library" menu "Songs." This would list all the songs I had saved in which I could ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Unlimited Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I don't know what I want to listen to I used to be able to select from the "Your...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

how to stop and skip songs in game

PlanFreeCountryIsraelDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow can i stop and skip songs in game? i can't use the playback when i'm not in the spotify hardware.

• Plan Free Country Israel Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue How can i stop and skip songs in game? i can't use the playback when i'm not in the spotify har...
  • Eli236
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs folder disappeared

PlanFreeCountry IndonesiaOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssuePlease help me, my songs folder disappeared

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Indonesia Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Please help me, my songs folder disappeared    
  • KellyMutzelburg
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle still doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or Issue Shuffle still doesn't work, it only selects a section of my playlist and i have to scroll to different parts of my playlist to get it to play songs from there. This is happeneing ...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue  Shuffle still doesn't work, it only selects a section of my playlist and i have to scroll to ...
  • KellyMutzelburg
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps stopping after 20 sec

First of all, I'm sorry, english is not my first language. I will try my best to explain what is the problem. My spotify won't play music. It starts to tilt after ~20 secs. Music stops, plays, stops, plays... Internet connection is just fine, that sh...

• First of all, I'm sorry, english is not my first language. I will try my best to explain what is the problem.   My spotify won't play music. It starts to tilt after ~20 secs. Music stops, play...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SONGS has vanished and become FAVORITE SONGS??

Someone on my family Premium account suddenly has a different interface on his desktop app: Instead of SONGS on the left hand side, it says FAVORITE SONGS (he didn't change anything to make this happen), and all his check marks on his songs have beco...

• Music Fan
  • Someone on my family Premium account suddenly has a different interface on his desktop app: Instead of SONGS on the left hand side, it says FAVORITE SONGS (he didn't change anything to make this happ...
  • KellyMutzelburg
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

NEED HELP!!! can't download my playlists!?

Plan - PremiumCountry - Canada Device - Toshiba LaptopOperating System - Windows 7 My Question or IssueSo, I am a premium member with a laptop... I am trying to download the music I have selected from Spotify onto my hard drive so that I can put them...

• Plan - Premium Country - Canada   Device - Toshiba Laptop Operating System - Windows 7   My Question or Issue So, I am a premium member with a laptop... I am tryi...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Settings not saving

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to enable the "Show my current Top Artists" but every time I turn it on it does not save. I have tried uninstalling and closing and re-opening and it dont work. Does anyone have a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to enable the "Show my current Top Artists"  but every time I turn it on it does not save. I have t...
  • abbiehine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 6 Daily Mixes exist, only 1 is shown in Desktop

Hi,I've started using Spotify about 3 weeks ago,and on Desktop I see only Daily Mix 1 (which is not updated at all, even though I listen to music).BUT, in Android app I see that Spotify created more Daily Mixes for me.So why can't I play them on Desk...

• Regular
  • Hi, I've started using Spotify about 3 weeks ago, and on Desktop I see only Daily Mix 1 (which is not updated at all, even though I listen to music). BUT, in Android app I see that Spotify created...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 0 Friends on Spotify

PlanFreeCountry AustraliaDeviceSpotify Desktop AppOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium My Question or Issue I'm having troubles finding my friends on Facebook, had 8 friends show up until about 2 months ago lost them all at once and can't get them ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Australia Device Spotify Desktop App Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium   My Question or Issue  I'm having troubles finding my friends on Facebook, ha...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes