Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems tha...

• Music Fan
  • In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was n...
  • elvaka
  • Regular
  • 106 replies
  • 175 likes
  • Windows
  • 106 replies
  • 175 likes

Spotify wont open

My spotify stopped working, the program just doesnt launch!Ive tried everything, unistalled, deleted all spotify registry, restarted the computer, adm mode, compatibility mode but it just doesnt work...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify stopped working, the program just doesnt launch! Ive tried everything, unistalled, deleted all spotify registry, restarted the computer, adm mode, compatibility mode but it just doesnt wo...
  • DaiVernon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App Won't Close

I cannot actually quit spotify ever. When attempting to quit the app, it simply moves into the background. I am not talking about the "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" setting, as I specifically have that off. If I try to ...

spotify_backround_resource.PNG settings_1.PNG
  • Visitor
  • I cannot actually quit spotify ever. When attempting to quit the app, it simply moves into the background. I am not talking about the "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" set...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Default Username on Windows app

Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue I didn't setup a Spotify account when I opened the app on my new computer, I signed out by accident and now I can't log back in. Anyone knows what is the default account that Windows creates for you w...

•     Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I didn't setup a Spotify account when I opened the app on my new computer, I signed out by accident and now I can't...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load.

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNot a game-breaking issue but friend activity didn't load the entire day, is there any reason behind this? No internet issues, desktop client works as usual besides that.

• Casual Listener
  •   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Not a game-breaking issue but friend activity didn't load the entire day, is there any reason behind this?   No internet iss...
  • vrfigueiredo
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Where does it tell me how many followers a user's playlist has?

Hiya, there are people in the Spotify community asking for artist submissions for their playlists, I'd just like to be able to see how many followers their playlists have. Cheers! If it helps I'm using Windows 10 / Chrome

• Casual Listener
  •   Hiya, there are people in the Spotify community asking for artist submissions for their playlists, I'd just like to be able to see how many followers their playlists have. Cheers!   If...
  • markburgle
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound cuts out when I unplug audio

PlanFreeCountry CADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I'm listening to spotify on my desktop computer, if I remove an audio cable from the headphone jack (whether headphones or speakers), spotify stops outputting any sou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  CA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I'm listening to spotify on my desktop computer, if I remove an audio cable from...
  • ly7bvp971as3nfh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with the music image

A problem with the cover of the music PlanPremium CountryBrazil DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or Issue Well, I am using Spotify desktop system. So, last day accidentally I clicked in the picture of the music and so it has gone, dis...

• A problem with the cover of the music   Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device PC   Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue  Well, I am using ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is adding a "2" in the title of every playlist I create

PlanPremiumCountryGer DeviceDesktopOperating SystemW10 My Question or IssueSee title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.

• Plan Premium Country Ger  Device Desktop Operating System W10   My Question or Issue See title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution redirect to appdata problem

On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify. If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData to use a l...

• On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify.   If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\C...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook login impossible Windows Vista

Hello everyone,I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify"However, I am using the ...

• Hello everyone, I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download t...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this song right now

PlanPremiumCountry AR DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country AR   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to only download songs on phone, not on desktop?

Hi there, I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my laptop I'm not botherd about having them downloaded. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my ...
  • dandandan-
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to open music in app instead of web browser?

Operating System(Windows 10.) Where is the option that allows me to play music in the Spotify desktop app (instead of playing in the browser)? One of the replies here says that the switch that enables this is located in the settings under "Startup an...

•   Operating System (Windows 10.)   Where is the option that allows me to play music in the Spotify desktop app (instead of playing in the browser)? One of the replies here say...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved Spotify Songs Appear unsaved in Albums and in Artist pages

My Question or IssueI can see all my saved songs in the songs tab as per usual but whenever I go into an artists page or album the songs don't appear to be saved. This does not affect all albums but the majority of them. I'm not able to find a correl...

image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I can see all my saved songs in the songs tab as per usual but whenever I go into an artists page or album the songs don't appear to be saved. This does not affect all albums bu...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stranger Things mode on Windows 10 desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceDell Latitude E7470Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUntil recently, when I switched to one of the Stranger Things playlists published last year, the visualization effect would work beautifully. Sometime in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Dell Latitude E7470 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Until recently, when I switched to one of the Stranger Things playlists ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps playing random songs

ive checked the queue, my spotify just plays a song from a random playlist ive never even seen before. One second I could be listening to my playlist and then it just switches to a random song. I believe it has something to do with "Spotify Web Playe...

• ive checked the queue, my spotify just plays a song from a random playlist ive never even seen before. One second I could be listening to my playlist and then it just switches to a random song. ...
  • joelsmith00
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 44 likes

Unable to see full library of songs in Spotify

PlanFreeCountry ScotlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Logging back in to Spotify after a month away, to select some music randomly from my spotify library, I found that I could no longer click or see any songs that I have pre...

• Plan Free Country  Scotland Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Logging back in to Spotify after a month away,  to select some music random...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved Songs wont show up! only shows go to browse!

When i go to my songs it only shows up "go to Browse "so i cant get to my saved songs. only on windows app. on mobile or web my songs show normaly. PremiumGermany Windows 7 My Question or Issue

• When i go to my songs it only shows up "go to Browse " so i cant get to my saved songs. only on windows app. on mobile or web my songs show normaly.  Premium Germany     Windows ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

One of my playlists has dissapeared

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOne of my playlist with 2000+ songs has diappeared from Spotify for PC. Strangely enough I can still see it in my mobile app.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue One of my playlist with 2000+ songs has diappeared from Spotify for PC. Strangely enough ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes