Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify offline songs storage location can't be changed

Just as the title said, i have been trying to change my offline save location from an ssd to an hdd but i can't PlanPremium Devicewindows 10 laptop

• Casual Listener
  • Just as the title said, i have been trying to change my offline save location from an ssd to an hdd but i can't   Plan Premium   Device windows 10 laptop
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution re album covers changing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I am having trouble with some of the album covers in my playlists changing without my intervension. It mostly only happens when Spotify does an autom...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country     Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I am having trouble with some of the album covers in m...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide Podcasts thats not interesting?

CountrySweden DeviceSamsung Galaxy, Ios, Ipad, Windows, Mac.Operating SystemIOS 11 12, Android 4.0.1 8.0.1, Windows 10 Windows 7 My Question or Issue Why arent Featured Items like "Googles ad-choiches"? And be able to control them - more people would...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country Sweden   Device Samsung Galaxy, Ios, Ipad, Windows, Mac. Operating System IOS 11 12, Android 4.0.1 8.0.1, Windows 10 Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Why aren...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Distorted sound

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceAcer Aspire E15Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 My Question or IssueA week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in my playlists have a distorted effect, whereas this has not been an issue before. It's a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Acer Aspire E15 Operating System  Microsoft Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue A week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in m...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Broken when saying name of song

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceWindows 10 PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I get this to give me the name of the song instead of a box

4d1ef573778426b691dfa1318aaba4b3.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Windows 10 PC  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I get this to give me the name of the song instead of a box
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not playing to public.

PlanFreeCountry UkDeviceHome computer My Question or Issue Having opened a spotify account (STP Records), and uploaded some of my label releases, after 3 days people are telling me they cannot play any of the songs i have uploaded for those albums. N...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Uk Device Home computer   My Question or Issue  Having opened a spotify account (STP Records), and uploaded some of my label releases, after 3 days people ar...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can i delete local files from spotify

Hello, i have a question. How can i delete the local files from spotify. i already deactivated all locations on the properties and i changed all folder names. spotify still shows all songs but doesn´t play any of it. but how can i kick them out of my...

• Hello, i have a question. How can i delete the local files from spotify. i already deactivated all locations on the properties and i changed all folder names. spotify still shows all songs but doesn´...
  • senniee
  • Casual Listener
  • 45 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 45 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Adding songs from my desktop to a playlist...

Hey there I was wondering if you can help me! I added some downloaded songs from my desktop computer to a playlist of mine on the Spotify app (saved as a "local file") , and I can't get these songs to play on my phone. I can see them in the playlist,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hey there I was wondering if you can help me!  I added some downloaded songs from my desktop computer to a playlist of mine on the Spotify app (saved as a "local file") , and I can'...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can Tx from Google Home, can't Tx to Google Home

If I am listening to a stream on my Google Home device and go to my computer, I can transfer from the home to my PC. For the next I can send it back to my Home device. If I start on my PC I can not transfer the stream to the Google Home as it does n...

• Regular
  • If I am listening to a stream on my Google Home device and go to my computer, I can transfer from the home to my PC. For the next <some period of time> I can send it back to my Home device. &n...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hourly Spotify App Update

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice Windows 10 My Question or Issue I keep having update for spotify app in every hour. Nothing changes but updates keeps coming. Also my friend is spotify user but he don't have this much update.

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device  Windows 10  My Question or Issue  I keep having update for spotify app in every hour. Nothing changes but updates keeps coming. Also my frien...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Scroll Bar Bouncing Around

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(Alienware / Dell)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue If the scroll bar slider is moved to a certain place on the entire bar, then it will bounce around and act as if it doesn't want to move.

• Plan Premium Country US   Device (Alienware / Dell) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  If the scroll bar slider is moved to a certain place on the entire ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Banner "Go to Browse" blocking my favorite songs

PC, Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 (Latest).I will add screenshot with banner. I can't close it, and it don't close after going to <> and back.This problem only apears in desktop app, but not in Andriod/Web. UPD: Yes, I already have a favorite songs. I ca...

Снимок.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • PC, Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 (Latest). I will add screenshot with banner. I can't close it, and it don't close after going to <<Browse>> and back. This problem only apears in desktop...
  • SirRogro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically turn on song from different playlist

After playing a song from my favourite songs automatically turn on song from different playlist and I don't know why it happens.

• Casual Listener
  • After playing a song from my favourite songs automatically turn on song from different playlist and I don't know why it happens.
  • upstate2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

PLayback stopping at end of every song?

PlanPremiumCountry UK DeviceASUS ROG laptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue:As in heading - at the end of every song playback just stops. That song remains highlighted, pressing 'play' doesn't do anything - have to physically select n...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  UK   Device ASUS ROG laptop Operating System  Windows 10    My Question or Issue: As in heading - at the end of every song playback just st...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes on tab local files

PlanPremiumCountryBelgium Operating System(Windows 10)Hello,Anytime when I will play a local files, Spotify is starting to freezes after 10 minutes (still on freeze) I get an Windows error and pc reboot itself. When Spotify is freeze, I see the CPU a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium   Operating System (Windows 10) Hello, Anytime when I will play a local files, Spotify is starting to freezes after 10 minutes (still on freeze) I get ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stubborn Error 18

I have been doing the same thing over and over again for the past century and I'm finally fed up:1. Spotify needs an update - Update it2. Starts up with "Installing spotify" then pops up with an error 183. Completely uninstall spotify4. Restart PC5. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been doing the same thing over and over again for the past century and I'm finally fed up: 1. Spotify needs an update - Update it 2. Starts up with "Installing spotify" then pops up with an ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

how to keep the playlists playback sequence?

Hi,I noticed that after re-installing Spotify for Windows (8.1), the playback sequence of my playlists are not saved. I have to click here in all my playlists : Is there a file that I could keep in order to save the custom sequence of all my playlist...

spotify_playlists_sequence.JPG
  • Roadie
  • Hi, I noticed that after re-installing Spotify for Windows (8.1), the playback sequence of my playlists are not saved. I have to click here in all my playlists :   Is there a file that I c...
  • dd__dd__
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files (owned MP3s) not playable?

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Samsung Note 8, PCOperating System: Android Oreo, Windows 10My Question or Issue:Checking out Spotify as I transition off the dying Microsoft Groove platform. My biggest concern at the moment is I have a lot of music ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Samsung Note 8, PC Operating System: Android Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue: Checking out Spotify as I transition off the dying Microsoft Groo...
  • MannStooka
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Daily Mix cannot be started" - WIndows 10 APP / UWP

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10,et My Question or Issue So i have this issues on PC client (doesnt matter if its from W10 store or downloaded setup.exe from oficial page), when I click on daily mix it just dont pl...

• Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10,et  My Question or Issue   So i have this issues on PC client (doesnt matter if its from W10 store or d...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cannot be started
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG REPORT: playlist bug

DeviceDesktop Operating SystemWin10 Bug: in release radar. opened 1k song playlist. clicked back, bringing back to release radar. opened to blank screen with the same scroll bar as the 1k. scrolled up and found RR the same as before except with the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Desktop   Operating System Win10   Bug:  in release radar. opened 1k song playlist. clicked back, bringing back to release radar. opened to blank screen with the same scr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug report
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes