Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not scrobbling Album Artists on Local Files songs correctly

Spotify not scrobbling Album Artists on Local Files songs correctly

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I think this issue is specifically linked to Local Files songs. First, I'll describe the problem, then I'll explain why I think so. When I try to scrobble a Local Files song from my playlist, e.g: "I MISS YOU", by SOYOU, which is on the album "도깨비 OST", by Various artists, the album "도깨비 OST" is scrobbled on "SOYOU"'s page instead of being scrobbled to "Various artists"'s page.

This is not the case on my phone music player, which correctly scrobbles the album to "Various artists".

Example: Take this page.

syyng1_0-1584381214881.png

The scrobble made on March 15, 12:01 pm is linked to an album called "도깨비 OST" on Ailee's page. That one was made on Spotify. Now look at the scrobble made on March 16, 6:39 am. It's linked to an album called "도깨비 OST", but on "Various artists"'s page. That one was on my phone's music player. I will provide screenshots to further my point.

Album scrobbled to Ailee's pageAlbum scrobbled to Ailee's page

Album scrobbled to Ailee's page

Album scrobbled to Various artists's pageAlbum scrobbled to Various artists's page

Album scrobbled to Various artists's page

This was all to show that it's something that happens. I assume this is a issue with Spotify's Album Artist tag on Local Files. Do note that it's not a issue with the track's own tags, since it's the exact same files with the exact same tags that I'm scrobbling on both Spotify and my phone.

Take, however, this song.

syyng1_1-1584381264960.png

It's on Spotify on Spotify (opens a Spotify link) - not on Local Files - and under an album by "Various artists". It's called "Awesome Cute Instrumental", by an artist called "우지훈".  It's correctly being scrobbled to "Various artists"'s page, even though its artist is "우지훈". That is the intended behavior.

Song correctly being scrobbled to "Various artists"'s pageSong correctly being scrobbled to "Various artists"'s page

Song correctly being scrobbled to "Various artists"'s page

TL;DR: Local files on Spotify are not correctly scrobbling the "Album artist" tag, e.g: "Various artists". Spotify correctly scrobbles the "Album artist" tag on songs that are within its catalogue. The issue only occurs on Local Files songs, even if they're currently on a playlist. I've tested the problem and it's not an issue with the songs's own "Album artist" tag, since the same files are being played on different players and only Spotify shows the scrobbling issue.

0 Replies

Suggested posts