Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Soulnd
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Issue to remove My playlists

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceLaptop Dell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI couldn't remove My playlists.

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Laptop Dell Inspiron Operating Syste...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when I change output

Seriously how long it will take them to fix this? The program is unusable!!!!!!!!!!! I need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones. So always i do that spotify freezes and says: Spotify is not responding. Win...

• Music Fan
  • Seriously how long it will take them to fix this? The program is unusable!!!!!!!!!!!   I need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones.  So al...
  • SolomonGrundy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

White Noise on Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 using Spotify desktop app

PlanFamilyCountryUSA Device(Surface Pro 7)Operating System(Windows 10.) I'm a satisfied Spotify customer just migrated from a MacBookPro to Surface Pro 7. My only major bug is with Spotify desktop App. Almost every time I use it then after a period o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Country USA   Device (Surface Pro 7) Operating System (Windows 10.)   I'm a satisfied Spotify customer just migrated from a MacBookPro to Surface Pro 7. My only major ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Will not play local files

I have the premium plan, and recently added a folder of local .mp3 files. Spotify will not play on of them. The play button blinks to "pause" and back to play again and nothing. what gives??

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium plan, and recently added a folder of local .mp3 files. Spotify will not play on of them. The play button blinks to "pause" and back to play again and nothing. what gives??
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Win10 and Tesla from synching with each other

I am a new user, Premium Plan, in the United StatesTwo devices - a Win10 desktop in my office, and a Tesla. I have an "Office" playlist and some "Car" playlists. If I listen in my car, when I go to my office, I have to change playlists (Because it au...

• Visitor
  • I am a new user, Premium Plan, in the United States Two devices - a Win10 desktop in my office, and a Tesla.   I have an "Office" playlist and some "Car" playlists.  If I listen in my ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify No Longer Working

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceChromebookOperating SystemDell My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besides a few times where it's glitched out and I've gotten it fixed pretty quick...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Chromebook Operating System Dell   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besid...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not scrobbling Album Artists on Local Files songs correctly

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI think this issue is specifically linked to Local Files songs. First, I'll describe the problem, then I'll explain why I think so. When I try to scrobble a Local Files song from my playlist, e.g: "I MIS...

syyng1_0-1584381214881.png kFXMfZl Lx3wHvd syyng1_1-1584381264960.png
  • Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I think this issue is specifically linked to Local Files songs. First, I'll describe the problem, then I'll explain why I think so. When I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • album artist
    album artists
    scrobble
    scrobbles
    scrobbling
    tag
    Tags
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Better options

PlanPremiumCountryEUDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking about going for example to apple music (they have subtitles to nearly every so...

• Plan Premium Country EU Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking ab...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can’t be opened on windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I want to open the Spotify App from the store, it won’t open me the normal user interface. But in the taskmanager I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I want to open the Spotify App fro...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No Songs on First Time Launch After Windows 10 Startup

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceHP ProBook 440 G3 (i5 6th Gen, 16GB RAM, HDD)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro (64 Bit) My Question or IssueFirst time launch desktop Spotify app got an issue where no songs on the list wherever I click (playlist, songs,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device HP ProBook 440 G3 (i5 6th Gen, 16GB RAM, HDD) Operating System Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)   My Question or Issue First time launch desktop Spotify ap...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • no songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Settings are different for main account

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the recent Spotify update for mobile, on my laptop my display is acting like it's a tablet. I can't sort playlists by artist, date added, title, etc....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the recent Spotify update for mobile, on my laptop my display is acting l...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Completely Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe Friend Activity part on the desktop app after I updated to the new spotify home is totally gone. I tried reinstalling and it's still not there. My accou...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The Friend Activity part on the desktop app after I updated to the new spotify home is ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Diasable Media keys

I like to watch Netflix and listening to Spotify while playing games. If i try to use the "break" button it always switches from Netflix to Spotify . I want Spotify to stop reacting to my media keys. Is there a way to do that?

• Visitor
  • I like to watch Netflix and listening to Spotify while playing games. If i try to use the  "break" button it always switches from Netflix to Spotify . I want Spotify to stop reacting to my medi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • media keys
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can no longer use Spotify on my Windows laptop

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10Version 1809OS Build 17763.292All updates installed up to 09/02/2019 My Question or Issue I went to use Spotify on my laptop yesterday to find that it no longer works. Having checked a f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.292 All updates installed up to 09/02/2019   My Question or Issue  I we...
  • GeeksAdvice
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs keep being switched out for music I have never heard of before...

PlanPremium userCountryCanada DeviceHappens most frequently on my laptop (browser - not app) and then less so on my phoneOperating SystemWindows ten and Android respectively. My Question or IssueMusic will randomly stop playing and be switched over t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium user Country Canada   Device Happens most frequently on my laptop (browser - not app) and then less so on my phone Operating System Windows ten and Android respectively. &n...
  • KoleBerzenji
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Date appears cropped in Portuguese (language) at podcasts' profiles

PlanPremium CountryBrazil Operating SystemWindows 10 My Problem/SuggestionIn portuguese language (Brazil), at podcasts' profiles, the date appears cropped. If you scroll down to see older episodes, you can't identify the year they were released.I sug...

• Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Operating System Windows 10   My Problem/Suggestion In portuguese language (Brazil), at podcasts' profiles, the date appears cropped. If you s...
  • Alkyama
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I find a certain user, even though I could just one day ago?

I searched it up on Monday and listened to the playlists made by the user for two days, but now I can't do it anymore. It seemed like it was connected to her Facebook account. I think this might have happened; It was pure coincidence and she simply t...

• Visitor
  • I searched it up on Monday and listened to the playlists made by the user for two days, but now I can't do it anymore. It seemed like it was connected to her Facebook account.   I think this m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song play for 5 seconds then stop and start again, over and over

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceHP Spectre x360Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI had been listening to an album straight through with no problems and then suddenly the next song started and then stopped after 5 seconds, and then continue...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device HP Spectre x360 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I had been listening to an album straight through with no problems and then sudden...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't control volume or ongoing song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Devicewindows 7 spotify applicationOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issuei actually change my ongoing songs but i cant volume up its locked on half maybe it has lock unlock buttons? help ty

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device windows 7 spotify application Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue i actually change my ongoing songs but i cant volume up ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes