Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Trying to add a playlist as artist - pasting URL does not find the playlist

PlanWe've tried with both free and premium accountsCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows, using either firefox or chrome My Question or IssueHi, we have an artist page that we're trying to add a playlist to. The playlist has been creat...

• Plan We've tried with both free and premium accounts Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows, using either firefox or chrome   My Question or Issue Hi, we have an art...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs refusing to play on windows

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, using the spotify download (not the app) My Question or IssueThe spotify player seems to bug out whenever I try to play a song not in my playlist. Or if I then add the song on my playlist from m...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10, using the spotify download (not the app)   My Question or Issue The spotify player seems to bug out whenever I try to pla...
  • rasyadh
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC Podcasts not working

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktop/ Dell Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueBBC podcasts no longer play. I've noticed that as of yesterday (April 3). You click on the play button, then nothing happens. Only happens to the BBC podcasts t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop/ Dell  Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue BBC podcasts no longer play. I've noticed that as of yesterday (April 3). You c...
  • zdravko_g
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps following unknown playlists

PlanPremium (free trial) DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello!I just recently saw this happen, and it started yesterday. For some reason, spotify is adding unknown playlists to my library. I have never heard of the playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (free trial)   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! I just recently saw this happen, and it started yesterday. For some reason, spo...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on Desktop, but not Premium on Mobile

PlanPremium for FamilyCountryMalaysiaDeviceHuawei Honor 7 (PLK-L01)Operating System(Android 6.0) My Question or IssueHi im having an issue as stated above. It is weird as i only see Premium in settings on Desktop, but on mobile it acts like im not. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Family Country Malaysia Device Huawei Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Operating System (Android 6.0)   My Question or Issue Hi im having an issue as stated above. It is weird as i o...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download
    Offline download
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended Songs Not Playing

I got a new computer at work - Windows 10 Enterprise, Dell Intel Core i7. I downloaded the software/app on my computer to listen to Spotify (like I have for years - without issues). But now, I cannot listen to any of my recommended tracks, any radio ...

• I got a new computer at work - Windows 10 Enterprise, Dell Intel Core i7. I downloaded the software/app on my computer to listen to Spotify (like I have for years - without issues). But now, I cannot...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Songs not playing
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Headphones not working with podcasts on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueI've been trying to listen to podcasts on my work desktop with headphones, but either everything is garbled or just one of the cohosts audio is missing. I've tried listening to music on the desktop and that w...

• Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue I've been trying to listen to podcasts on my work desktop with headphones, but either everything is garbled or just one of the cohosts audio...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • headphones
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast not working on desktop and only works on phone app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 Professional My Question or IssueFor the past few months I have been listening to a podcast on spotify on my desktop. I started to notice that the podcast would take a few minutes to load be...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 Professional   My Question or Issue For the past few months I have been listening to a podcast on spotify on my deskt...
  • Whoanelly
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Trojan found in Spotify folder

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(Samsung Galaxy S6, PC)Operating System(Android 7, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHello! My Windows Defender flagged the following file C:\Users\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data\e9\e9595c535c54b2ad17449a5343777019434fa4f4.fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (Samsung Galaxy S6, PC) Operating System (Android 7, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hello!   My Windows Defender flagged the following fil...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 48 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 48 likes

Spotify keeps crashing on login.

PlanPremium CountryU.S.ADeviceP.C.Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSo I just got on my computer after getting home from work today and wanted to listen to music. Spotify was closed and I went to open it and it asked me to login. So I obv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Country U.S.A Device P.C. Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue So I just got on my computer after getting home from work today and wanted to listen to music. S...
  • dakota1017
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player Isn't Launching

Free Plan DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 8 Every time I click launch Web Player it says "An error occurred." I've tried restarting my computer, a different web browser, and an incognito window nothing works.

• Casual Listener
  • Free Plan   Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 8   Every time I click launch Web Player it says "An error occurred."   I've tried restarting my computer, a different w...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error
    Web player issue
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Search by artist does not load all of his songs

Hello, everyone! I have issue that has appeared recently.When I want to create a playlist of all songs of artist (either his own or features) usually i type his name in search, select all songs and add them to playlist.However, now i face the problem...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, everyone!   I have issue that has appeared recently. When I want to create a playlist of all songs of artist (either his own or features) usually i type his name in search, select all ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not all songs are played from playlist

anyone having the issue where the playlist songs are not getting played all the songs. it doesn's matter it being on pc spotify or android spotify. It'll end prematually and i lost track where it stopped.

• Casual Listener
  • anyone having the issue where the playlist songs are not getting played all the songs. it doesn's matter it being on pc spotify or android spotify. It'll end prematually and i lost track where it sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressed play, but nothing happens on podcasts from iHeartRadio

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueA couple of days ago two of the podcasts from iHeartRadio (Behind the bastards and It Could Happen Here) stopped working. All the episodes are available, however when I select one ...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue A couple of days ago two of the podcasts from iHeartRadio (Behind the bastards and It Could Happen Here) stopped wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Right Side Audio 'Louder'

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC/HyperX Cloud Revolver S/ASUS Xonar DSXOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCurrently I'm experiencing a strange audio balancing issue that I can't find the answer to elsewhere. What's currently happening is when...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC/HyperX Cloud Revolver S/ASUS Xonar DSX Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Currently I'm experiencing a strange audio balancing issue t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Desktop][Other] Desktop App Redownloads Songs After HDD Defrag

I was troubleshooting my PC and ran a defrag of one of my hard drives that the Spotify music downloads folder is on and after the defrag, the Spotify Desktop App auto switched my defaults to my SSD that Windows 10 is on which is limited in space. So ...

• Regular
  • I was troubleshooting my PC and ran a defrag of one of my hard drives that the Spotify music downloads folder is on and after the defrag, the Spotify Desktop App auto switched my defaults to my SSD t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 merged OneDrive Library

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe 1809 release of Windows 10 included the ability to make your OneDrive folders the default location for Documents, Music, Downloads, etc. After enabling this it ap...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The 1809 release of Windows 10 included the ability to make your OneDrive folders the defa...
  • aaronstackpole
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer to iOS

Plan: PremiumCountry: CanadaDevice: iPhone 7Operating System: 12.1My Question or Issue:I'm trying to transfer some local files from my PC to my iPhone, I have a playlist, I have the download button ticked on each playlist both on my computer and my p...

• Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: 12.1 My Question or Issue: I'm trying to transfer some local files from my PC to my iPhone, I have a playlist...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files

Hello,I'm trying to send my PC local files to my phones (IOS and Samsung) and i've searched every where but couldn't know how to do itI did the things in my firewall and all but still nothingCan anyone help plz ?Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm trying to send my PC local files to my phones (IOS and Samsung) and i've searched every where but couldn't know how to do it I did the things in my firewall and all but still nothing Ca...
  • 2shakey
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify isn't working properly

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueI'm using Spotify for 3 years but it started to acting weird. When I try to listen to songs they won't start. They turn into blank when start them. Also I can't use online features ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue I'm using Spotify for 3 years but it started to acting weird. When I try to listen to songs they won't start...
  • Piasecznik
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes