Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't play songs on the desktop app. I press play and nothing happens. After a while I get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." e...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't play songs on the desktop app. I press play and nothing happens. After a while I get the "Spotify can't play this ri...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i find the exact time i listened to a song or can i not?

Hello, this will be a short post but I would like to know if I could find the time I listen to a song on Spotify because it will help me in the search for a lost item.

• Visitor
  • Hello, this will be a short post but I would like to know if I could find the time I listen to a song on Spotify because it will help me in the search for a lost item.
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app?

How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app? (The rest has been deleted because I had to refresh the page due to the stupid reCAPTCHA enforcement. )

• Casual Listener
  • How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app?   (The rest has been deleted because I had to refresh the page due to the stupid reCAPTCHA enforcement. )
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music pause and resume randomly

PlanPremiumCountryisraelDevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuefor the past two days the music just randomly stops, i get the "cant play this song" massage and it automaticly resumesI have changed my password, loged out of al the conn...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country israel Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue for the past two days the music just randomly stops, i get the "cant play this song" ma...
  • shaharbl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unexpected music playback while listening to my music

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7, Iphone 5sOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUnexpected music playback while listening to my music. Have changed my password in order to disconnect potential hackers, but still the same.Any ...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy S7, Iphone 5s Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Unexpected music playback while listening to my music. Have changed m...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No longer able to customize playlist cover and description

PlanFree OperatingChrome OS My Question or IssueI am not sure how to edit descriptions and photos for my playlists: a few days ago, I was able to tap on the current image and a pencil icon would appear so that I could edit them, but now, when I tap t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Operating Chrome OS   My Question or Issue I am not sure how to edit descriptions and photos for my playlists: a few days ago, I was able to tap on the current image and ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Freezes on startup

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell WorkstationOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro with latest updates My Question or IssueAfter the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spotify. It immediately freezes (with the window turning black) after a few secon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Dell Workstation Operating System Windows 10 Pro with latest updates   My Question or Issue After the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spoti...
  • mackhax0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify error code 4, I've tried everything help please!

PlanFreeCountryLebanonDeviceLenovo, ThinkPad, Yoga 12Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueI have recently downloaded Spotify, it worked fine, yet now it for some reason says its "offline", and isn't allowing me to play music, browse or do ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Lebanon Device Lenovo, ThinkPad, Yoga 12 Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue I have recently downloaded Spotify, it worked fine, yet now it for some r...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play album - tracks are skipping

I tried to listen to the album Diamonds by Enforcer, but every track of the album starts to stutter after a couple of seconds and skips to the next song after about 10 seconds. When I try to play a specific song from this album, I sometimes get the e...

• Gig Goer
  • I tried to listen to the album Diamonds by Enforcer, but every track of the album starts to stutter after a couple of seconds and skips to the next song after about 10 seconds. When I try to pla...
  • Alsweider
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Playback Issue

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceWindows PavillionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play a song, the app says 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.' And whenever i try to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device Windows Pavillion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play a song, the app says 'Spotify can't play this right now. If y...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue to remove My playlists

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceLaptop Dell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI couldn't remove My playlists.

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Laptop Dell Inspiron Operating Syste...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when I change output

Seriously how long it will take them to fix this? The program is unusable!!!!!!!!!!! I need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones. So always i do that spotify freezes and says: Spotify is not responding. Win...

• Music Fan
  • Seriously how long it will take them to fix this? The program is unusable!!!!!!!!!!!   I need to be able to switch between output devices since I have speakers and headphones.  So al...
  • SolomonGrundy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

White Noise on Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 using Spotify desktop app

PlanFamilyCountryUSA Device(Surface Pro 7)Operating System(Windows 10.) I'm a satisfied Spotify customer just migrated from a MacBookPro to Surface Pro 7. My only major bug is with Spotify desktop App. Almost every time I use it then after a period o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Country USA   Device (Surface Pro 7) Operating System (Windows 10.)   I'm a satisfied Spotify customer just migrated from a MacBookPro to Surface Pro 7. My only major ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Will not play local files

I have the premium plan, and recently added a folder of local .mp3 files. Spotify will not play on of them. The play button blinks to "pause" and back to play again and nothing. what gives??

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium plan, and recently added a folder of local .mp3 files. Spotify will not play on of them. The play button blinks to "pause" and back to play again and nothing. what gives??
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Win10 and Tesla from synching with each other

I am a new user, Premium Plan, in the United StatesTwo devices - a Win10 desktop in my office, and a Tesla. I have an "Office" playlist and some "Car" playlists. If I listen in my car, when I go to my office, I have to change playlists (Because it au...

• Visitor
  • I am a new user, Premium Plan, in the United States Two devices - a Win10 desktop in my office, and a Tesla.   I have an "Office" playlist and some "Car" playlists.  If I listen in my ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify No Longer Working

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceChromebookOperating SystemDell My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besides a few times where it's glitched out and I've gotten it fixed pretty quick...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Chromebook Operating System Dell   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besid...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not scrobbling Album Artists on Local Files songs correctly

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI think this issue is specifically linked to Local Files songs. First, I'll describe the problem, then I'll explain why I think so. When I try to scrobble a Local Files song from my playlist, e.g: "I MIS...

syyng1_0-1584381214881.png kFXMfZl Lx3wHvd syyng1_1-1584381264960.png
  • Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I think this issue is specifically linked to Local Files songs. First, I'll describe the problem, then I'll explain why I think so. When I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • album artist
    album artists
    scrobble
    scrobbles
    scrobbling
    tag
    Tags
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Better options

PlanPremiumCountryEUDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking about going for example to apple music (they have subtitles to nearly every so...

• Plan Premium Country EU Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking ab...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can’t be opened on windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I want to open the Spotify App from the store, it won’t open me the normal user interface. But in the taskmanager I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I want to open the Spotify App fro...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes