Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Win10] Spotify crashes immediately on song playback

[Win10] Spotify crashes immediately on song playback

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes immediately as soon as a song should be played without any error message.

I can launch the program. I can open and edit playlists etc. without issue. I'm able to remotely control the spotify app on my mobile from my PC. I can do everything - but as soon as I start playing a song, the program crashes without error message (and without producing any sound).

The Webplayer has no issues playing songs (can be 'remotely' controlled by the desktop app without problems) as has any other audio program I tried.

What I tried:
- Reinstalled the desktop app

- Installed the Win10 Store/UWP app

- Used RevoUninstaller to cleanly remove each app instance after testing

- Checked for Win-Updates

Issue still persists.

2 Replies

Hey there @Conne

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case the Spotify desktop app crashes upon playback you might be experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

If I understand correctly, the issue described in the post linked by you is that the app skips the songs - this is not the issue I'm experiencing. In my case, the app just crashes instantly as soon as it should play a song.

I tried the steps described in the other post but the issue still persists.

Suggested posts