Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Desktop not connecting to Internet, even though have full connection

Spotify on Desktop not connecting to Internet, even though have full connection

Alright, so as the title suggests my Spotify has "offline" for the past few days, and it seems to be a more or less isolated incident on my machine. My OneNote is also having issues with synching, but that is for a different community.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled through Windows Store, the installation went fine, but when I went to log-in, I just kept clicking the "Log in with Facebook" button over and over again with no response. I tried to use my device password/username and that brought up the "Error number 4: Offline" box. Now, the thing is, I have full connection to the internet and am using it right now to post this on the same machine.

As of right now, I have tried making new rules in the firewall to allow for the correct ports and even a larger IP range, however, it had no effect. I made sure it is an isolated incident by running Netflix and Hulu, both of which seem to be running fine.

Finally, I uninstalled Spotify and tried downloading it from Spotify.com. The installer downloaded onto my machine without any issues. Once I ran the .exe however, the problem presented itself again, saying that Spotify was unable to download the software.

Please help however you can, willing to try anything, need my music.

0 Replies

Suggested posts