Free

Country

UK

Device

Lenovo Yoga 11s

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify on Windows seems to kill the Wifi connection on my PC. Other Wifi connected devices in my house aren't affected.

Seems to happen after a longer period of playback (1hr+), and then the little blue messages about being offline will appear, and email/web browsing will go offline too.

I think it has been happening for quite a while, it is only recently that I realised that the Spotify app was the common factor.

Would appreciate any suggestions for settings I could change (I have read other threads about going offline and tried thise solutions with no success).

One thought is that the Wifi card in my PC is quite a low spec and that perhaps an external wifi dongle would help?

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have done this recently - in fact I rese my PC in an effort to track down
the Wifi issues - however I will do this again as you request. I will let
you know when the wifi drops again (but will be away from this PC for a few
weeks).

Suggested posts