Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlist stops playing after you continue listening to it

Spotify playlist stops playing after you continue listening to it

Premium / Netherlands

Desktop / Huawei phone

Windows 11, Android 12

Everytime I now want to continue listening to a playlist I listed to a couple hours back, he will finish the current song and then the playlist stops. The only thing I can do then is restart the playlist. This happens both on my desktop app and the android app.

I already cleared my catch but it's still happening.

9 Replies

Hey @YvonB,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd recommend a clean reinstall of the app on both your devices to see if you notice any difference. You can find the steps to perform a clean reinstall in this article. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. 

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you're running in both your devices?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've been experiencing exactly the same issue with Spotify the last two days.

And the queue is sometimes empty when I launch Spotify, but that's another known issue.

I'm only using Spotify for Windows, version 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab.

I'll try re-installing it, though I don't really see how it would make a difference.

Thank you for your reply. For Windows when I deleted the app all AppData was already gone so there were no folders to remove anymore. Anyway reinstalling the app on Windows didn't change anything and he will still stop the playlist after finishing the current song. 

For Windows my version is now 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab and for mobile my version is 8.7.92.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

It'd be really helpful if you send us a video recording of the behavior that you kindly mentioned. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

On another note, @YvonB, would you mind trying to reproduce the behavior reported in this thread? It'll really help us continue investigating further.

Lastly, would you mind adding some tracks in the queue to be played and taking a screenshot of that? Then, try using the app as you usually do and take another screenshot if the tracks disappeared from the queue even if you don't close the app.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Hi there, thanks for your reply. As far as adding songs to the queue he won't let me. I can say add to queue but nothing shows up. 

Here's a video of my playlist that stops playing when the song finishes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H088Ll3ghIzvzk_l5H5C09nA6_JrxXLJ/view?usp=share_link 

Hey there @YvonB,

Thanks for the post and the video.

Can you go to your app settings and make sure "Autoplay" is switched on? Does the song stop after that?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Autoplay has always been switched on. But it seems things are working for me again. He continued the playlist today.

hello. same thing happened to me since days ago too! Pls HELPPPPPP

Man, Can we get a solution for this. It's been here for a long time now, i thought you guys will fix this.

Suggested posts