Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips every 5-10 seconds.

Spotify skips every 5-10 seconds.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell laptop 2017

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the last 2 weeks, when listening to Spotify on a laptop with external speakers, music is skipping every 5-10 seconds.  It's not skipping ahead or to another song, there's just a slight break in the music for a split second.  My computer is hardwired for internet with download speeds consistly around 100.  Never had a problem with this before.

I've rebooted my computer and completed any Windows updates.  I've deleted the Spotify app several times and redownloaded it.  No other computer issues.  I can play Spotify on my iPhone and there's no issues.  This seems to be isolated to the Windows Desktop App for me.  

4 Replies

Hey @sternhead 

Try changing your default speakers to back to the original speakers and restart spotify and launch spotify and see if that has fixed the issue.

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

OK, I unplugged my speakers and just used the laptop. It didn't skip. When
I plugged them back in, it also didn't skip. Maybe that was all that was
needed. I'll post more if it happens again. Thank you.

The skipping has come back several times.  I've tried unplugging the speakers but it still skips.  It's like something is interefering with the service.

Hey @sternhead  

Sorry to hear that it has came back. Do you know what your Spotify App is defaulting its output to? Is it to your laptop or your speakers? If its your speakers, try defaulting to Laptop and see if that works.

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts