Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Hear a new song while playlist is running

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible when running a playlist on a party and someone wants to hear a special song, to hear it over headphone without stopping the normal music?

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible when running a playlist on a party and someone wants to hear a special song...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont start

I am using spotify on windows 7 and in the last few days when I click the icon whether it is via the start menu or the desktop shotcut, the little circle appears as if starting up but then goes and nothing happens, nothing ever comes up, spotify itse...

• I am using spotify on windows 7 and in the last few days when I click the icon whether it is via the start menu or the desktop shotcut, the little circle appears as if starting up but then goes and n...
  • emilycgordon
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify not working properly

PlanFreeCountryUK DeviceWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use free spotify from the web page (not the app) on a Windows 10 pc. It has worked brilliantly for years. A few days ago I started having problems. My daily mixes are no longer endless and ofte...

• Plan Free Country UK   Device Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use free spotify from the web page (not the app) on a Windows 10 pc. It has worked brilliantly for years. A few da...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird/Wrong alphabetical order

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am new to the community and always find it hard to put questions in the right place. A couple of weeks ago the alphabetical...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue  Hi,   I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am new to the community and...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add support for Vivaldi 2.5

It worked just fine with Vivaldi 2.4! Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • It worked just fine with Vivaldi 2.4!   Thank you.
  • VivaldiBrowser
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How-To download playlists as fx text-files?

Hi! Do any of you guys have a solution for how to quickly download fx .txt-files of your playlists? I *WILL* suffer from an immense existential crisis, should it befall to me, that somehow my playlists are gone one day. I will not be able to take it....

• Hi! Do any of you guys have a solution for how to quickly download fx .txt-files of your playlists? I *WILL* suffer from an immense existential crisis, should it befall to me, that somehow my playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Songs Arent Playing

I've had this happen a couple of times now and I don't know what else to do to try and fix it. Basically, when I try and play a newer release, for example, Logic's new album Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, the songs just don't play. The album cover ...

• I've had this happen a couple of times now and I don't know what else to do to try and fix it. Basically, when I try and play a newer release, for example, Logic's new album Confessions of a Dangerou...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on PC being slow and sluggish

DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10My Question or IssueSo my spotify started being sluggish and unresponsive yesterday. Its as if there's an added delay on all the actions that I try to make and it just gets worse the more actions I do. I have tried reins...

• Device PC Operating System Win 10 My Question or Issue So my spotify started being sluggish and unresponsive yesterday. Its as if there's an added delay on all the actions that I try to make and...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lag
    latency
    PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music doesn't appear in spotify app for windows 10

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I add a song in a playlist through Spoti...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 1...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Hip Priest" by The Fall just got removed sight unseen from the Spotify Library

It still shows up on the album, but it's been replaced with a live track. wth? Has this happened to anyone else for another song?

• It still shows up on the album, but it's been replaced with a live track.  wth?  Has this happened to anyone else for another song?  
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing playlist to Facebook shows old image and title

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemWindows 10, My Question or IssueMy issue is exactly one that has been posted before and it sounds like someone at Spotify had to "refresh" the playlist on their end to get it to work. Here is the closed issue that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10,   My Question or Issue My issue is exactly one that has been posted before and it sounds like someone at Spotify had to "refresh" the...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play my saved podcasts on the Desktop App.

For the last few weeks, I haven't been able to play ATWWD on the Desktop App. I can listen to literally anything else, any other podcast or music. Anything else. I can listen to ATWWD on my phone, on my Xbox; on any device that isn't this computer. I...

• For the last few weeks, I haven't been able to play ATWWD on the Desktop App. I can listen to literally anything else, any other podcast or music. Anything else. I can listen to ATWWD on my phone, on...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    not working
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Pop-player

When I pause or skip any music in my spotify while i am in browser or in any app. Spotify pop-player doesn't apper.

• When I pause or skip any music in my spotify while i am in browser or in any app. Spotify pop-player doesn't apper.
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My activity doesn't appear on other people's friend feeds and I'm not using a private session.

It's been like this for several weeks. i've tried logging out, and logging in, and reinstalling Spotify but it doesn't work. By the way, I'm using Spotify premium (if that makes a difference).

• It's been like this for several weeks. i've tried logging out, and logging in, and reinstalling Spotify but it doesn't work. By the way, I'm using Spotify premium (if that makes a difference).
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play certain songs

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceCPU: i7 9700kGPU: 980tiRAM: 32GBEhternet ConnectionOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI can't play certain songs that is outside playlists. It's not always the same songs. And only the top 10 songs will p...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device CPU: i7 9700k GPU: 980ti RAM: 32GB Ehternet Connection Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I can't play certain songs that is o...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved Songs Not Syncing to Desktop

When saving songs on a different device (mobile or desktop) it does not get saved on my main desktop. I have re-installed spotify on all devices and it still occurs. I am using Windows 10 (17134) and Spotify 1.1.5.153 on my desktop, and Android 9 wit...

• When saving songs on a different device (mobile or desktop) it does not get saved on my main desktop. I have re-installed spotify on all devices and it still occurs. I am using Windows 10 (17134) and...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify starts playing with 15 mins delay

At work I have a approx a 15 minutes delay when starting to play the first song after Spotify is started. After that everything works fine. PlanPremiumCountryFinland DeviceLenovo Thinkpad P70Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• At work I have a approx a 15 minutes delay when starting to play the first song after Spotify is started. After that everything works fine.   Plan Premium Country Finland   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search unresponsive when scrolling through song results

When I search on desktop (UK premium user) on a word eg time or angel, the songs results page hangs/is unresponsive on scrolling down through the results. This happens after paging down 7 or 8 times - I know there are more results as I’ve checked on ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I search on desktop (UK premium user) on a word eg time or angel, the songs results page hangs/is unresponsive on scrolling down through the results. This happens after paging down 7 or 8 times ...
  • JoylessBiscuit
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • search function
    search is broken
    search unresponsive
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium stream only 192 kbps

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktop PC Windows 10 My Question or IssueI have a Premium subscription but it is streaming at only 192 kbps. (I've deleted the remainder of the original message). UPDATE: I figured out what was going on at my end. Spot...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device Desktop PC   Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a Premium subscription but it is streaming at only 192 kbps.  (I've deleted the rema...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play music reliably

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I have gotten Spotify premium recently and installed Spotify on my PC but i've had nothing but problems with it. I cannot play single songs (can play playlists and whol...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I have gotten Spotify premium recently and installed Spotify on my PC but i've h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes