Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Your Music] Album view only shows albums where every song has been saved.

Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way to see all the songs I have saved and I really would...

• Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

changing cover on collaborative playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto Rico DeviceDell Inspiron 11Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playlist?

• Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico  Device Dell Inspiron 11 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

ONGOING ERROR AT REBOOT: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ..Many Affected!

I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows. This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partly because it interferes with automatic Windows Updates etc. ...

• Music Fan
  • I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows.   This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partl...
  • firewall1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0xc0000022
    customers getting irate
    problem
    reboot
    unable to start
    Unsolved
    Windows 7
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Strange behavior after turning screen on

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD)Operating SystemWindows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503Spotify1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueHello, I have some problem with the ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device ASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD) Operating System Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503 Spotify 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows St...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play songs except the songs already in my playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs that are not in her playlists or favourites. This problem is only on PC, her sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs tha...
  • gzujop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cant play music
    cant play songs
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant Search all tracks of an artist

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceTOSHIBAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHello people i have a little but a big problem for mefor about 2 weeks i cant search all tracks of an artistit gives me 100 songs and keep loading and dont do nothingsince ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device TOSHIBA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hello people i have a little but a big problem for me for about 2 weeks i cant sea...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution label search doenst load all the albums

Hello Label search on the spotify app and spotify web doesnt load all the albums anymore. A week ago i had much more album results? Sorry voor my bad english I use Windows 10 Apps al up to date I even reinstalled my computer

• Regular
  • Hello Label search on the spotify app and spotify web doesnt load all the albums anymore. A week ago i had much more album results? Sorry voor my bad english I use Windows 10 Apps al up to date I eve...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution An internal exception occured

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or Issuei have a fresh install of windows on my main c drive and it works fine but when i pluged in my other HDD ,that has never had windows installed on it and only used as data backup, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue i have a fresh install of windows on my main c drive and it works fine but when i pluged in my other HD...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Filtering by User on Collaborative Playlists Causes the Playlist to Play in Incorrect Order

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHuwaei Matebook DOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen filtering a collaborative playlist list by "user" (the user who added songs to the playlist) with shuffle play turned off, songs are played in a seemingly r...

normalunfiltered.PNG normalunfilteredqueue.PNG filteredbydate.PNG filteredbydatequeue.PNG
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Huwaei Matebook D Operating System Windo ws 10 My Question or Issue When filtering a collaborative playlist list by "user" (the user who added songs to the pl...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevice(HP EliteBook)Operating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueI'm listening to music on my laptop, and I've seen another device join on my Spotify account. I don't know how, but he/she can listen to music on my account ...

•   Plan Premium Country Hungary Device (HP EliteBook) Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue I'm listening to music on my laptop, and I've seen another device join on...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play grayed out songs?

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueJust wondering if there was a reason I cant play a grayed out song

Capture.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Just wondering if there was a reason I cant play a grayed out song
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Albums

There's like no where to open this thread about missing albums.I know that sometimes Spotify removes albums for stuff like permissions , licenses**bleep** like that , but why does 2Pac Resurrection Explicit is missing?There is the clean version , the...

• There's like no where to open this thread about missing albums. I know that sometimes Spotify removes albums for stuff like permissions , licenses**bleep** like that , but why does 2Pac Resurrection...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt stop playing after i pull out earplugs

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceHuawei Matebook DOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So recently my app has not been pausing my music every time i unplugged my earplugs from the aux in connection on my pc. It started recently and i found o...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Huawei Matebook D Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   So recently my app has not been pausing my music every time i unplugged...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio channel is just a cripled playlist

Just wanted to ask about how is "Radio" list called radio ?When it is just a normal playlist with crippled scrolling functionality!!!Anythime i visit radio - there is just the same list ...and it starts playing from the top as well..Can you make it t...

• Regular
  • Just wanted to ask about how is "Radio" list called radio ? When it is just a normal playlist with crippled scrolling functionality!!! Anythime i visit radio - there is just the same list ...and it...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song Lists Won't Load

Plan: PremiumCountry: U.S. Device: HP Envy & HP ElitebookOperating System: Windows 8 & Windows 10, respectively My Question or Issue Whenever I go to a playlist on the webplayer, it will stop loading the songs after a certain point and only displays ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: U.S.   Device: HP Envy & HP Elitebook Operating System: Windows 8 & Windows 10, respectively   My Question or Issue   Whenever I go to a play...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot Play Podcast | Crime Junkie

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am using Windows 10 Spotify App and I cannot get Crime Junkie to play. I click on the play button and nothing. I also cannot play My favorite Murder. I have tried to pl...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am using Windows 10 Spotify App and I cannot get Crime Junkie to play. I c...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify windows desktop always stopped at 6 second

song always stopped at 6 second,1. i have been clearing cache(before i clearing cache, i always stopped at 4 second).2. install, re install done.3. trying spotify from microsoft store and download from official website, done.4. changing cache locatio...

• Visitor
  • song always stopped at 6 second, 1. i have been clearing cache(before i clearing cache, i always stopped at 4 second). 2. install, re install done. 3. trying spotify from microsoft store and downl...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All my self created playlists are missing!

I use the free version of Spotify and just noticed that all the Playlists I've created for myself over the years are missing! We're talking 30 or more. Some of the other music I've saved seems to be gone as well.I tried Googling the problem and also ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use the free version of Spotify and just noticed that all the Playlists I've created for myself over the years are missing! We're talking 30 or more.  Some of the other music I've saved seems ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution So trying to find a way to change username from numbers to something i can remember

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone seOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueSo i deleted my facebook a few years back and my spotify account was linked to it and after it got deleted my username for spotify just became a barfed up number and it has...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone se Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue So i deleted my facebook a few years back and my spotify account was linked to it and after it g...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist cover not updating

PlanFamily PremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10, PCOperating SystemAndroid Pie, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I upload a cover for a playlist it loads and the If I close the app and open it again the cover is gone.

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Bulgaria Device Samsung Galaxy S10, PC Operating System Android Pie, Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I upload a cover for a playlist it loads an...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes