Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

What is the maximum resolution for an album Image in Spotify?

What is the maximum resolution for an album Image in Spotify (for locally added songs) since im around 2500x2500 and it is not showing in spotify? Regards

• What is the maximum resolution for an album Image in Spotify (for locally added songs) since im around 2500x2500 and it is not showing in spotify?   Regards  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"We can't play this until you allow this track in the Spotify phone app"

I'm on Windows 10. I get the above message when I try to play Jesca Hoop - The Lost Sky from the Memories are Now album. I've looked up the issue here and the only fix people seem to find that works involves doing something on your smartphone, but I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on Windows 10. I get the above message when I try to play Jesca Hoop - The Lost Sky from the Memories are Now album. I've looked up the issue here and the only fix people seem to find that works ...
  • zrhaskell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Dudas con mi plan premium/familiar

Tenía un plan premium que se renovaba el 2 de mayo.Sin querer lo he cambiado a familiar,lo he anulado enseguida y ahora me dice que mi plan familiar caduca el 28 de abril.¿No existe una forma de cancelar el plan familiar completamente y seguir en el ...

• Tenía un plan premium que se renovaba el 2 de mayo.Sin querer lo he cambiado a familiar,lo he anulado enseguida y ahora me dice que mi plan familiar caduca el 28 de abril.¿No existe una forma de canc...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

After clean installation, all songs refuse to play

PlanFreeDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueAfter re-installing the spotify desktop app to resolve a similar issue, all songs refuse to play past the 8 second point. Upon clicking a song, the first 5 seconds of it will play....

• Plan Free Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue After re-installing the spotify desktop app to resolve a similar issue, all songs refuse to play past the 8 second ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Platform breaking bug that's been around for almost 3 years now
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play a Specific Podcast on Windows 7 App

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI'm having an issue play any episode of the podcast "Call Her Daddy" on my Windows 7 PC. I can play episodes from my Android phone with no issues. No episode of this podcast w...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I'm having an issue play any episode of the podcast "Call Her Daddy" on my Windows 7 PC. I can play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify just won't work anymore.

Using Spotify Free on a Windows 10 PC. Spotify always used to work, but I reinstalled it lately since I was running an old version that didn't want to update. And since then, there's been some difficulties. I managed to get Spotify to install however...

blargh.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Using Spotify Free on a Windows 10 PC. Spotify always used to work, but I reinstalled it lately since I was running an old version that didn't want to update. And since then, there's been some diffic...
  • Yamiash101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    won't install online
    won't open
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play new songs until reinstall

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe music plays normally from my playlists when i boot up my computer, but if i were to look for any new music the player just gives me this (https://gyazo.com/a17e660171...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The music plays normally from my playlists when i boot up my computer, but if i were to look f...
  • justsaymedic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play the current song

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueEverytime I play a song it freezes and says "Can't play the current song"

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Everytime I play a song it freezes and says "Can't play the current song"  
  • Danielsalem
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly always starts from the beginning.

Discover Weekly, Release Radar and other playlists start from the beginning. For example, I was listening Discover Weekly, and I have listened 10 songs, then I switch to another playlist, or close Spotify. And then, when I again open Discover Weekly,...

• Discover Weekly, Release Radar and other playlists start from the beginning. For example, I was listening Discover Weekly, and I have listened 10 songs, then I switch to another playlist, or close Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i don't found no song

i don't found no songPlanPremiumCountryItalyDevicewindowsOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issue

• i don't found no song Plan Premium Country Italy Device windows Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Shuffle on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, on desktop, the spotify application has recently changed how it shuffles songs in the past week. It used to shuffle every single one of my 2000 songs, but now i...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, on desktop, the spotify application has recently changed how it shuffles songs in th...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! rapidly skips songs, BUT only when i do this...

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64-bit My Question or IssueSo, it's a bit strange in the way it works out, i'll further explain:I have a sound card, the Sound BlasterX G6 from Creative. And it only rapidl...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit   My Question or Issue So, it's a bit strange in the way it works out, i'll further explain:...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Issues

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Microsoft Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi,When I open Spotify on my phone, under connect, I can see my phone and my amazon alexa. If I am playing a song on my phone and press the alexa, it plays fr...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Microsoft Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi, When I open Spotify on my phone, under connect, I can see my phone and m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[SOLVED] SERIOUS problems with the Spotify Windows desktop app

SOLUTION: I fixed my issue by removing Spotify-related entries from my hosts file. I'm assuming they were added there to bypass ad servers -- no idea how they got there, though. PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 (version 18...

• Regular
  • SOLUTION: I fixed my issue by removing Spotify-related entries from my hosts file. I'm assuming they were added there to bypass ad servers -- no idea how they got there, though.   Plan Free ...
  • jacoblivianu
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Music stopping after few hours

PlanFreeCountryAustriaDeviceAcerAspireOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueHey there,I wanted to play some music on my laptop (AcerAspire/Windows10).First, I tried playing it in the normal Spotify App I downloaded from the WindowsStore. But ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Austria Device AcerAspire Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue Hey there, I wanted to play some music on my laptop (AcerAspire/Windows10). First, I tri...
  • musicgigo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Songs appear in playlist twice when adding them from queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueIn Windows I'm creating a playlist containing random songs from My Music. Resulting playlist contains every selected song twice. Steps:Click "Songs" - I see a list of songs.Click "Shu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue In Windows I'm creating a playlist containing random songs from My Music. Resulting playlist contains every sel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App Won't Open

PlanPremium Operating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueHello, recently I closed everything off of my computer, as to allow an update. Everything opened back uo normally except for Spotify. At first I got a notification that the launcher was unab...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Hello, recently I closed everything off of my computer, as to allow an update. Everything opened back uo normally e...
  • q3_g8-t83hgmo
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

show desktop overlay when using media key option

how do you get show desktop overlay when using media key option in the preferences display option

• how do you get show desktop overlay when using media key option in the preferences display option
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now

PlanPremiumCountrynorwayDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 IssueWhenever i try to play a song on spotify i just get the meesage "Spotify can't play thi right now. If you have the file on your computer you can imoprt it."I can play my songs on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country norway Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Issue Whenever i try to play a song on spotify i just get the meesage "Spotify can't play thi right now. If you...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify can't play this right now
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Cant Play Current Song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI recently updated to Spotify Preium and I was able to play songs just like normal and be able to listen on my PC then pickup where I left off on my phone when I went ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I recently updated to Spotify Preium and I was able to play songs just like normal and be a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes