Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Gif/video album covers on pc

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My QuestionSo on android some albums have a gif/video showing on the background. I think it is really cool but I cant really use it on my phone since i'm on the go.I do often have spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question So on android some albums have a gif/video showing on the background. I think it is really cool ...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify playing on work PC while I'm listening in my car.

I have spotify on my phone and 2 PCs including one at work.I listen to music on spotify with headphones while I work. Then l get in to my vehicle and listen in the car via Bluetooth driving home. To my surprise recently a coworker let me know that so...

• Regular
  • I have spotify on my phone and 2 PCs including one at work. I listen to music on spotify with headphones while I work. Then l get in to my vehicle and listen in the car via Bluetooth driving home. ...
  • Marti_Lover
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to The Police?

What happened to all their albums? They just disappeared!:confused: And yes, I have already read this:"The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label. If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely d...

• Regular
  • What happened to all their albums? They just disappeared!:confused: And yes, I have already read this: "The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label. If the music ...
  • Privarn
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify injects an old, removed playlist into every current playlist, album, and daily mix.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNetherlands Device(Desktop, laptop, mobile phones)Operating System(Windows 10, Android) My Question or IssueShort:I created a long playlist. Since that moment Spotift injects that playlist into EVERY playlist, album, and daily ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Netherlands   Device (Desktop, laptop, mobile phones) Operating System (Windows 10, Android)   My Question or Issue Short: I created a long playlist. S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Desktop version "Can't play this right now" after 1 second

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceHP ZBookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't get Spotify Desktop to play any songs. On the same machine, the web player will work just fine. I have: Checked, there are no weird HOSTS entriesI've logged ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device HP ZBook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't get Spotify Desktop to play any songs.   On the same machine, the web p...
  • Ihate_reCAPTCHA
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting the word "the"

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the last day or two, when I sort one of my playlists, Songs and Band names that begin with the word "the" are now being sorted as if they begin with the letter "T...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the last day or two, when I sort one of my playlists, Songs and Band names that b...
  • mudshark56
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Block artist button disappeared from Daily Mix

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceLenovo T450Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince this week, the button to block an artist or song from the Daily Mix has disappeared. I use it heavily and need it back. Also been having problems with the ...

• Plan Premium Country Estonia Device Lenovo T450 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since this week, the button to block an artist or song from the Daily Mix has disappe...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play any songs through Spotify App

Hello, I am having issues playing any song on my desktop. I am able to play music through the desktop app, my phone, and my home computer. I get an error stating Spotify is unable to play the current selection. I have tried all of the resolutions ive...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am having issues playing any song on my desktop. I am able to play music through the desktop app, my phone, and my home computer. I get an error stating Spotify is unable to play the current...
  • BHammond203
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble using app on multiple wifi networks

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHi, I'm having trouble using the app on multiple wifi networks. If I arrive at our shop with Spotify already installed on my computer not only does the app not work, ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 7    My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having trouble using the app on multiple wifi networks. If I arrive ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs and Playlists Showing Up In My Mix and Changing My Songs

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 The last week or so I've been noticing there are playlists popping up in my recently listened to section and it's stuff I've never even listened to. All the songs have these weird icons...

icon.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   The last week or so I've been noticing there are playlists popping up in my recently listened to secti...
  • 8fk9z-g02j_gv
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

FIX YOUR **bleep**ING APP

Have been on a premium family subscription for a while now and your windows/desktop app (and android) is absolutely **bleep**ing terrible. I know your customer support team is ignorant and just doing what they're trained to do, but their troubleshoot...

• Have been on a premium family subscription for a while now and your windows/desktop app (and android) is absolutely **bleep**ing terrible. I know your customer support team is ignorant and just doing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer working on desktop

Windows 7 desktop. Go away for a few weeks and come back to a nonfuntioning spotify. Software doesnt even boot up, just seems to start then give up. Tried to uninstall from Control panel/programs and that didnt work. Its like Spotify (apart from the ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Windows 7 desktop.   Go away for a few weeks and come back to a nonfuntioning spotify.  Software doesnt even boot up, just seems to start then give up.  Tried to uninstall from...
  • clankyt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Uninstall Spotify

Hi, I have a free version of spotify on my laptop, but after few bug (titles unavailable or stopping at 5-6s) I tried to uninstall it and then install again. I'm on W10 and I first downloaded it with the windows store (what an error). I'm dealing wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a free version of spotify on my laptop, but after few bug (titles unavailable or stopping at 5-6s) I tried to uninstall it and then install again. I'm on W10 and I first downloade...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify play music but nothing is heard?

PlanFreeCountryItalyDeviceDekstopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I want to play any song it starts but I don't hear anything.I have uninstalled and installed Spotify again but nothing has changed. I also checked the settings but i...

• Plan Free Country Italy Device Dekstop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I want to play any song it starts but I don't hear anything. I have uninstalled and inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't do literally anything with spotify on my computer (not exaggerating)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI can't run spotify. It does not show as running in my task manager. I tried running it as administrator but to no avail. I tried to uninst...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States of America Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I can't run spotify. It does not show as running in my task man...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use Webplayer for 2-4 months now.

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceCustom Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei have been unable to use the webplayers for a few months now, it used to just give me a completely grayish (spotify background colour) screen and nothing woul...

• Plan Free Country Canada Device Custom Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i have been unable to use the webplayers for a few months now, it used to just give...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume out of control

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevice(HP Notebook)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI connected my Arctis 3 Bluetooth.It was possible to have high volume from 2-100 on my computer, but now there is only mute at 0 and from 2-100 is the same l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device (HP Notebook) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I connected my Arctis 3 Bluetooth. It was possible to have high volume from 2-10...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping songs every ~0.5 seconds before reporting 'Spotify can't play this right now'

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHP ProDesk 400Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs the subject says, when playing songs from any playlist or any part of the library, currently spotify is skipping songs every ~0.5 seconds until it e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device HP ProDesk 400 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As the subject says, when playing songs from any playlist or any part of th...
  • knightpt
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Frozen...?...or Something Else

Plan FreeCountry USADevice Both Dell Laptop and phoneOperating System...Window 10My Question or Issue..has not played any songs since Wed,,, the only thing i see unusual is in the lower left hand corner box where it says "a brief message from our spo...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan   Free Country USA Device   Both Dell Laptop and phone Operating System...Window 10 My Question or Issue.. has not played any songs since Wed,,,   th...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering doesn't work anymore!

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceDell laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince recently filtering doesn't work anymore. When I filter a playlist, for example on a specific artist, it will still play all songs from that playli...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Dell laptop  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue Since recently filtering doesn't work anymore. When I filter a pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes