Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Songs stop after 6-10s

PlanPremiumCountryLuxembourgDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been a premium user for at least 2 years now and only recently did I start to get some issues on my notebook. I use Spotify on my desktop and also on my sma...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Luxembourg Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been a premium user for at least 2 years now and only recently did I start to ge...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • song stops
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Extremly loud ads

Is Spotify trying ot burst peoples eardrums or what? iv'e been getting an ad that is like 3-5 time louder then the music, the first time i heard it i paniced and threw my headset off. Norway, KLM advertisement.

• Is Spotify trying ot burst peoples  eardrums or what? iv'e been getting an ad that is like 3-5 time louder then the music, the first time i heard it i paniced and threw my headset off.   ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Where are these local files coming from?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA BABYOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have local files enabled for only one directory. It is not enabled for iTunes or anthing else.Only one directory enabledThe directory that I want to use only has these 13 song...

Spot1.PNG Spot2.PNG Spot3.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA BABY Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have local files enabled for only one directory. It is not enabled for iTunes or anthing else. Only ...
  • weeeweee
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play a single song anymore

PlanFreeCountrySerbiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis started happening a few days ago. Figured it would fix itself with the next restart. When that didnt work, I tried reinstalling the program and it got even worse. On the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Serbia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This started happening a few days ago. Figured it would fix itself with the next restart. When tha...
  • JawaBlue
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please change the Artists tab

I like sorting my music by artist, but now when I click on the aritst I wanna listen to, I'm taken to the Artist's page. I've dealt with this by making specific artist playlists, but this is silly and is cluttering my playlist section. Just change th...

• I like sorting my music by artist, but now when I click on the aritst I wanna listen to, I'm taken to the Artist's page. I've dealt with this by making specific artist playlists, but this is silly an...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

[All Platforms][Playlists] Losing the playlist for the song I'm listening to

If I find a playlist and start playing it. Then search around or just move throughout spotify, to get back to that playlist I can use the back arrows. However, if I close Spotify and reopen it and simply press play, it continues playing from that pla...

• If I find a playlist and start playing it. Then search around or just move throughout spotify, to get back to that playlist I can use the back arrows. However, if I close Spotify and reopen it and si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix not working as before nor the same

My Question or Issue It's all about Daily Mix feature. It's not working in the same manner across platforms. Tested on Windows app, Android app and web player. The one I use the most often is the desktop app. In there the feature would allow you an s...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   It's all about Daily Mix feature. It's not working in the same manner across platforms. Tested on Windows app, Android app and web player.   The one I use th...
  • SheyCroix
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Discography missing from artist page.

PlanPremiumCountryGreece My Question or IssueA couple of days earlier certain parts of discography disappeared under artist page. I can still access the album, since I can find it in my recently played list. I even can get it if I simply google it. S...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Greece     My Question or Issue A couple of days earlier certain parts of discography disappeared under artist page. I can still access the album, since I can fi...
  • panabeer
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify jumps 20-50 seconds into the next song

Hello, I have an issue with Spotify when playing a playlist, one sing is finished and Spotify then starts playing the next one, but starts somewhere between the 0:20 to 1:30 time (approx.). I have tried reinstalling Spotify on my laptop, but the prob...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have an issue with Spotify when playing a playlist, one sing is finished and Spotify then starts playing the next one, but starts somewhere between the 0:20 to 1:30 time (approx.). ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Store version auto crashes

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 1809 My Question or IssueDownloaded the app from windows store, when I open Spotify, it appears for a few second on taskmanager then auto quits. I have checked crash reports but they are blank. Tried everything b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 1809   My Question or Issue Downloaded the app from windows store, when I open Spotify, it appears for a few second on taskmanager then auto quits....
  • blackrockazusa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify starts to play random song which I not even have in any of my playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola G3, PCOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 7 Ultimate and Linux Mint My Question or IssueMy spotify starts playing randomly even when i'm already listening to something. It just switch the song suddenly. NO, I do no...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Motorola G3, PC Operating System Android, Windows 7 Ultimate and Linux Mint   My Question or Issue My spotify starts playing randomly even when i'm a...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weekly Playlist didn't update

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceiPhone 6S/Dell LaptopOperating SystemiOS 12/Windows 10 My Question or IssueRecently I took over my brother's account (that he used like once) cause he got spotify premium on it. I've been listening all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device iPhone 6S/Dell Laptop Operating System iOS 12/Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently I took over my brother's account (that he ...
  • SuperFire92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug with Spotify made playlist radio channels

PlanPremiumCountry: USA Device: regular xps dell desktop pcOperating Systemwindows 10 I would like to reprt that there is a bug with the windows 10 version of spotify. The bug is that that at this time, I cant unfollow spotify made playlist radio cha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country: USA   Device: regular xps dell desktop pc Operating System windows 10    I would like to reprt that there is a bug with the windows 10 version of spotif...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas con la música

Hola, desde la semana pasada Spotify no me funciona, me lo he reinstalado 5 veces pero cuando pongo una canción se me para a los 5 segundos y me da error de iqe la canción no se puede reproducir, pero me pasa con todas las canciones, tengo Windows 10...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, desde la semana pasada Spotify no me funciona, me lo he reinstalado 5 veces pero cuando pongo una canción se me para a los 5 segundos y me da error de iqe la canción no se puede reproducir, per...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music only play 3 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I start playing a song it only play 3 seconds and show the error message "Can´t play the current song".

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Portugal Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I start playing a song it only play 3 seconds and show the error message "Can´t ...
  • JSimoes4
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see MP3s in added sources

On the desktop app I am trying to add some local music by adding a source that points to the directory where the music is located. Basically, following the instructions. Unfortunately, none of the MP3 songs in that directory are showing up under "Loc...

• Casual Listener
  • On the desktop app I am trying to add some local music by adding a source that points to the directory where the music is located. Basically, following the instructions. Unfortunately, none of the MP...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • add source
    local
    mp3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Play button bug

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi, after a while of using Windows app it seems that there is a little bug. When Spotify is running on a taskbar, there are pause, skip buttons, but they seems to not work ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, after a while of using Windows app it seems that there is a little bug. When Spotify is running on a ta...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Spotify crashes on changing song

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify release: 1.1.5.153.gf614956dMy Question or IssueI am listening to a song (see screenshot).Then when I double click on a track to change song, Spotify crashes (immiedetly shuts dow...

spoti.png
  • Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Spotify release: 1.1.5.153.gf614956d My Question or Issue I am listening to a song (see screenshot). The...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stop the music after 5 second or doesnt play the song.

PlanFreeCountrySpainDeviceHP elitebook 840 g5 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify stop after being playing a song for 5 seconds or doesnt play the song.

• Plan Free Country Spain Device HP elitebook 840 g5  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify stop after being playing a song for 5 seconds or doesnt play the son...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

upload own songs on Spotify ?

Hello guys today i started with spotify premium and i have one question.is it possible to upload my own songs on spotify ?i mean i know that its possible to choose from local data on the PC and than i can download the songs on my mobile phone or othe...

• Hello guys 🙂 today i started with spotify premium and i have one question. is it possible to upload my own songs on spotify ? i mean i know that its possible to choose from local data on the PC a...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes