Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • TJT73
  • Casual Listener
  • 74 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 74 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Wrong current song

Hello! Before I start, have to mention that I tend to sort all my playlists by their adding date so that the newest song I add is on top. I don't know how seriously to take this issue but lately, since the last update, I have encountered issue which ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello!   Before I start, have to mention that I tend to sort all my playlists by their adding date so that the newest song I add is on top. I don't know how seriously to take this issue but la...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Action keys only work for chrome

When i use my action keys they start playing random videos i have open on chrome on youtube and just completely ignore spotify how do i fix this?

• When i use my action keys they start playing random videos i have open on chrome on youtube and just completely ignore spotify how do i fix this?
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So **bleep** confused

PlanFree but planning to go PremiumCountryCanada DeviceIPhone 7 plus and LaptopOperating SystemIOS 12 and Windows 10 My Question or Issue Alright so i used spotify in the past however i’m deciding to come back to it (with a fresh account) however whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free but planning to go Premium Country Canada   Device IPhone 7 plus and Laptop Operating System IOS 12 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Alright so i used spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to playlists

PlanFreeCountryUnited statesDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI used to be able to add songs to any playlist I made, now it seems I can't do that anymo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United states Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I used t...
  • Orangeluigi
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Hay canciones que no puedo escuchar en mi pc y en otros dispositivos si

Hay canciones de no importa que artista sea no puedo escucharlas en mi computadora, pero entro desde cualquier otro dispositivo, sea mi celular u otra computadora y puedo escucharlo todo. Ya desinstale spotify como 5 veces y siempre pasa lo mismo Pla...

image.png
  • Hay canciones de no importa que artista sea no puedo escucharlas en mi computadora, pero entro desde cualquier otro dispositivo, sea mi celular u otra computadora y puedo escucharlo todo. Ya desinsta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync with songs on the cloud

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have added my local files with Spotify, but it won't sync them with the ones on the cloud. I know for sure that those albums exist on Spotify, because ...

Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG
  • Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have added my local files with Spotify, but it won't sync them with the one...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cover Art
    local files
    Sync issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows client not playing any music. Works on all other platforms though.

Hey there.. There's an issue since today with my WindowsClient. It doen't play ANY of my music. No matter if it's my own playlist or an official one. Trying on my browser on the same PC, it starts playing immediately. Same if I start on my Android ph...

• Regular
  • Hey there..   There's an issue since today with my WindowsClient. It doen't play ANY of my music. No matter if it's my own playlist or an official one.    Trying on my browser on t...
  • drmark69
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Using Chrome on laptop: Spotify just stops and self volumises

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceLatest version of Chrome on an ACER laptop 1 year oldOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy does it stop playing? Twice in 5 mins now it has just stopped playing and came out the playlist. I physically need ro...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device Latest version of Chrome on an ACER laptop 1 year old Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why does it stop playing? Twice in 5 ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The app closes without letting me log in.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueI know there are a lot of these kind of posts, but none had the right answer to my problem.Basically, the app does open but it starts blinking and closes before I can do ...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue I know there are a lot of these kind of posts, but none had the right answer to my problem. Basicall...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify adding the music I listen to to the playlist I don't want it to.

Alright so, on the Windows desktop app, I created a playlist entitled "Stream" and it's made for, you guessed it, being a background music when I'm streaming games. However, I made another playlist entitled "Stream metal" that's made for, you guessed...

• Casual Listener
  • Alright so, on the Windows desktop app, I created a playlist entitled "Stream" and it's made for, you guessed it, being a background music when I'm streaming games. However, I made another playlist e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files and My Songs

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows Computer and Android Smartphone My Question or IssueHi,I have a song ( a Mash-Up ) I really like and would like to pass to the "my songs" automatic playlist. The things is that it seems that it's possible but only with playli...

• Plan Premium Device Windows Computer and Android Smartphone   My Question or Issue Hi, I have a song ( a Mash-Up ) I really like and would like to pass to the "my songs" automatic playlis...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works on my phone but not on windows desktop

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHPOperating SystemWindow 10 My Question or IssueI got a new computer and spotify was working great. Then all of a sudden it doesn't show me music in my playlists, it doesn't let me add music to a playlist, it won't let me list...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device HP Operating System Window 10   My Question or Issue I got a new computer and spotify was working great. Then all of a sudden it doesn't show me mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Desktop
    Music not playing
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see favorites

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating System My Question or IssueI am using the online version of Spotify and my favorites list is being limited, I can only see up to about 60 songs when I can surely say I have more than 200. However, when I put o...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue I am using the online version of Spotify and my favorites list is being limited, I can onl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows client will not open, windows 8

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindow 8 My Question or IssueSpotify will not start/open. When I try to start spotify the window will not open, and no processes are run. Spotify process starts briefly and then quits, no window sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop Operating System Window 8   My Question or Issue Spotify will not start/open. When I try to start spotify the window will not open, and no ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Your Music] Album view only shows albums where every song has been saved.

Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way to see all the songs I have saved and I really would...

• Only albums that have been completely saved show up in the albums tab on Your Music, all the other songs are saved and show up on songs and artists, but not in albums. Album view is the easiest way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

changing cover on collaborative playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto Rico DeviceDell Inspiron 11Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playlist?

• Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico  Device Dell Inspiron 11 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to change the cover of my friend’s collaborative playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

ONGOING ERROR AT REBOOT: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ..Many Affected!

I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows. This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partly because it interferes with automatic Windows Updates etc. ...

• Music Fan
  • I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows.   This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partl...
  • firewall1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0xc0000022
    customers getting irate
    problem
    reboot
    unable to start
    Unsolved
    Windows 7
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Strange behavior after turning screen on

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD)Operating SystemWindows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503Spotify1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueHello, I have some problem with the ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device ASUS ZenBook UX410UA (Intel i7-7500U, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD) Operating System Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763.503 Spotify 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17 (Windows St...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play songs except the songs already in my playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs that are not in her playlists or favourites. This problem is only on PC, her sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, recently there has occured a problem on my mum´s premium account. She cant play songs tha...
  • gzujop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cant play music
    cant play songs
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant Search all tracks of an artist

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceTOSHIBAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHello people i have a little but a big problem for mefor about 2 weeks i cant search all tracks of an artistit gives me 100 songs and keep loading and dont do nothingsince ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device TOSHIBA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hello people i have a little but a big problem for me for about 2 weeks i cant sea...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes