Spotify skips song every left mouse click

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify skips to the next song on every left mouse click, making the app virtually unusable on my main PC. Currently on a fresh install of Windows 10 with latest driversand version of Spotify. I don't have any macros or software running for my mouse. This issue only occurs on my desktop PC and not on my laptop or other devices.

2 Replies

Dear Gmote,

After reading your question and issue I found some solutions to solve this problem. First I would like to know what:

• Mouse you are using?
  • Mouse wireless/Wired?

Try reinstalling your Mouse software by going to the tab "Device Manager" search your mouse and uninstall the driver, then reinstall the same driver.

As a second solution I would try a different USB port on your computer, if this does not solve the problem then try the 3 different versions of Spotify linked below.

• Spotify Web Player (Try using this version and see if the same problem occurs)
  • Redownload Spotify from this link: https://www.spotify.com/nl/download/windows/
  • Try the Microsoft Windows 10 Spotify version by searching for Spotify in the Microsoft Programs store.

Hopefully, these solutions will help you out! 🙂

Kind Regards,

Ruben Louwes IGN: Krale

IT App Developer - Spotify Web Support

12/03/2018

Hello, I would like to report that I found the issue lies with the mouse I'm using: Roccat Kone Pure Military Edition. I tried using a different mouse and the issue no longer persits. Not exactly sure why that was happening but it is not a fault of Spotify. 

Suggested posts