Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10x64

My Question or Issue

Actual behaviour:

When I double click a playlist or open playlist and double click/select one of the songs and press "play", spotify plays songs outside of my playlist as soon as the first song is over.

Shuffle/repeat options have no effect. This is an issue for both personal and non-personal (spotify/etc) playlists. Using 'next song' button has the same behaviour - it jumps to any random song outside of the current playlist.

Expected behaviour:

Spotify plays ALL songs from a playlist before attempting to play similar songs, outside of the playlist.

Broken website

The second issue is that I cannot get to https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/desktop_windows in latest Google Chrome. It goes into an endless redirect/otherwise loop. I can get to this using Firefox however.

Lastly - I get an error when I signed into my profile as I was trying to raise this ticket. It gave me an "Exception ID: 37FF74E2.", asking me to contact my system administrator. This is a home PC, so I don't have any system administrators. This happens on both Chrome and Firefox.

2021_04_29_14_00_06_Window.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @pas0003,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

First off, we'd suggest making sure there aren't any tracks in your Play Queue.

We'd also recommend securing your account to make sure it's not used by anyone other than yourself. If the app continues misbehaving after that, it's a good idea to try a reinstallation of the app to see if that solves the issue. Head here to find out how to perform a thorough reinstall.

In case that doesn't solve your issue, it'd be great if you could send over some screenshots or a screen recording so we can have a look at what's happening at your end.

Thanks also for flagging the error on our Community with us. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies or using an incognito window in your Chrome browser to see if that makes a difference? You should also make sure that you're logged in to your account when trying to post in the Community.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if the issue persists and we'll see what we can suggest next.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @pas0003,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

First off, we'd suggest making sure there aren't any tracks in your Play Queue.

We'd also recommend securing your account to make sure it's not used by anyone other than yourself. If the app continues misbehaving after that, it's a good idea to try a reinstallation of the app to see if that solves the issue. Head here to find out how to perform a thorough reinstall.

In case that doesn't solve your issue, it'd be great if you could send over some screenshots or a screen recording so we can have a look at what's happening at your end.

Thanks also for flagging the error on our Community with us. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies or using an incognito window in your Chrome browser to see if that makes a difference? You should also make sure that you're logged in to your account when trying to post in the Community.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if the issue persists and we'll see what we can suggest next.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Xenia,

Thanks for your reply! The "Play Queue" was indeed the problem. I did not realize that queued songs persisted even AFTER changing playlists or selecting a new playlist to play. I wonder if that's expected behaviour or a bug. And if that's expected behaviour, I wonder if the Spotify UI should have a badge visible on top of the Queue button to indicate that there are "manually added" queue items. As it is right now, this functionality is hidden away behind a few layers and might be hard for users to figure out.

Thanks!

Hey @pas0003!

Thanks for confirming this for us.

It's expected behavior that the queue persists even when changing playlists.

We understand how adding a signifiers that you have songs in the queue might be a handy feature. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts