Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that every time I play spotify on my phone it wakes my PC from sleep mode. I know this because every time I come home to find my PC awake and on the lock screen, even though I put it to sleep whenever I leave, the only notification I see on the lock screen is spotify telling me what trak I'm playing on my phone. I have already disable all notifications in my windows setting but it still happens, and I can't find a setting to stop in on Spotify. How do I stop spotify from waking up my PC everytime I listen to it on my phone?

12 Replies

Do we have any news on that ? I had the same issue yesterday although I tried to close Spotify before putting my computer on hibernate.
When the pc turned back on, I checked the Taskmanager and didn't find Spotify anywhere, which is odd since the name of the track is displayed on the lockscreen...

Hello from 2021,

I have a similar issue on my PC..

And I found up that every time when web player starts to play the next track, it wakes up PC monitor

update: Just have installed the PC app and it has no such an issue.

(but web app - has!)

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've just came across this thread. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue?

@viq_inq, could you try opening the web player in an incognito/private window and let us know if the issue persists?

You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that makes any difference

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, @Eni

I've just tried web app in incognito mode (I deleted all the spotify cookies before),

and the issue stands still - wakes my monitor on every next track..

Hi there @viq_inq

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind sending us a video in which we can see the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @viq_inq

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Would you mind giving it a try using a different browser to see if you notice anything new? 

We'd also recommend making sure that your main browser is up to date. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, @Novy
tried web app on latest updated(89.0.4389.72) Chrome - still has the issue..
Also tried via latest Firefox - and it has not such an issue

Hey again @viq_inq,

Thank you for your reply.

We've looked into this and that the web player functions similarly to how a video player would, and it prevents PCs from sleeping, so that the media playback is not interrupted. This is related to how web media apps are handled by different browsers. To prevent this, best to use the desktop app or make sure to close the web player tab in the browser.

We hope this information was helpful. If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This also happens on the desktop app.

Same here, with desktop app. And my computer often lies sleeping in my bag, so when Spotify wakes it up without me knowing about it,  it gets really really hot.

Hi there @Jornarild and @imann04,

Can you please confirm if the issue still happens if there is no web player tab open and the desktop app is closed completely? To be sure, check with Task Manager to see there is no Spotify process running.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your response.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts