Spotify widget for albums is bugged for everyone

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify widget for albums has a bug that makes it almost impossible to use. Every time I want to change the song from the album (it's especially noticeable when I am going through the song trying to find out what the album is like) there is an annoying, useless overlay popping up everytime. I don't know what is the point of it and I believe it's a bug, because there is no logical reason why'd anyone put it there, popping up every single time you change a song. It's popping up even when I already closed it for the 10th time. Please fix this serious bug, because it's ruining the user experience for everyone. Thanks!

Preview of this bug in action: 

Untitled.png
4 Replies

Hey @lucjanjapan,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

Can you tell us the exact steps you take, so we can reproduce this on our end?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just like I said - I go through all the songs in an album using the Spotify widget and the overlay is popping up every time I change a song.

I recorded a video of this bug in action, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTMoR4gy2ac

Hey there @lucjanjapan,

Thanks for the clarification and the video.

This is actually not a bug, the Spotify Embed widget provides a preview of tracks, artists, albums, playlist etc. for use within your web project. It is intended so that even users who have no Spotify account can play a 30 sec preview of given content and then head over to the app to play the full tracks.

If you were to open the app/web player by clicking on the overlay button, it would load up the full album and you'll be able to play though the whole length songs and easily skip through the playlist when you're checking new albums/artists out.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

>If you were to open the app/web player by clicking on the overlay button, it would load up the full album and you'll be able to play though the whole length songs and easily skip through the playlist when you're checking new albums/artists out.

I know, but I don't want to open the full album on  Spotify. I want to listen to the 30 seconds of previews of every song and I can't do it without closing that annoying overlay every time I change the song. Please forward my report to someone responsible for user experience on Spotify

Suggested posts