Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo ideapad 520

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My desktopversion of Spotify stopped playing music. The songprogress in the bottom is still running, the next song comes on but there is no sound to be heard. I already checked my computers and spotifys volumebutton and both are on 100%. The webplayer works fine, too. How do I fix this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you are running the Windows store version of spotify and part of windows Explorer crashes then the app might start to not functioning properly. Solution is to re-boot computer or to use Windows task manager and force quit Spotify and then also restart the Windows Explorer. Next time you start Spotify it should work normaly if this was the issue. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

If you are running the Windows store version of spotify and part of windows Explorer crashes then the app might start to not functioning properly. Solution is to re-boot computer or to use Windows task manager and force quit Spotify and then also restart the Windows Explorer. Next time you start Spotify it should work normaly if this was the issue. 

Also right next to the volume slider in Spotify you will see an icon with a speaker and monitor. Make sure that your current device is selected there and not another device. If another device is selected then Spotify will attempt to play the song from there instead of your current machine.

That worked! Thank you so much 🙂

Suggested posts