Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SpotifyWebHelper has stopped working

Solved!

SpotifyWebHelper has stopped working

Everyday, I get this error message about 12 times everyday and it's very annoying... Is there anyway to fix this or stop it from coming up?

SpotifyWebHelper

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	SpotifyWebHelper.exe
  Application Version:	0.9.15.27
  Application Timestamp:	54803b75
  Fault Module Name:	SpotifyWebHelper.exe
  Fault Module Version:	0.9.15.27
  Fault Module Timestamp:	54803b75
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00012397
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	3081
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

30 Replies

If anyone else is as enoyed as I was they can effectively disable SpotifyWebHelper as follows:

- Exit Spotify

- Open an elevated command shell and change directory to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data

- Rename SpotifyWebHelper.exe to SpotifyWebHelper.exe.disabled

- Copy C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe to SpotifyWebHelper.exe

- Start Spotify

@tsaker, try exiting Spotimote server. I did that and no more annoying dialogs appear. I think this could be Spotimote server's fault and not Spotify's.

I don't know what Spotimote is. I just downloaded spotify and run it, and sort of expect it to work. How to I exit Spotimote?

Same here. I'm not running Spotimote either. I'm just running a basic Spotify install and seeing these crashes.

Instead of disabling security software.  Try adding spotifywebhelper.exe to the exceptions list.  It seems to have eliminated the problem for me so far.

I'd done this previously but it didn't make a difference in my case. It kept crashing.

Spotify support asked me to install the latest beta version as a test. I'm currently running it. No crashes so far. But, it's only been a couple hours at this point.

After a 2nd full day of running with the latest BETA version of the Windows desktop app, I have seen no spotifywebhelper.exe crashes.

If you want to try it, you can download it from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803.

Just make sure you remove your current install first (including making sure that any %appdata% folders are gone, too).

Spotify Inc., please fix this nonesense... then send me your survey. PS love you.

I have this problem too. Disabling antivirus/firewall should not count as an answer to solving this problem. That is just stating you don't really know what the problem is.

I've been running the beta client and can also confirm that the SpotityWebHelper crashes are not occuring anymore. I'll update this post if I see any crashes.

I got the beta desktop client from here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803

Marked as solution

I have this problem too and i solved it by adding spotifywebhelper.exe in the list of program of the windows firewall (sorry for my english)

Suggested posts