Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The play/pause key on my keyboard is no longer working with spotify if I have spotify on the backgro

The play/pause key on my keyboard is no longer working with spotify if I have spotify on the backgro

Plan

Free

Country

Mexico

Device

Asus pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The play/pause key on my keyboard is no longer working with spotify if I have spotify on the background

This used to work before the update of course.
It does work sometimes, when I have the app active (or at the front), but if i minimize it and want to do something else, I cant use the windows gestures or the play/pause key on the keyboard to pause it, I have to open it back up, and do it manually. I know it seems like a little thing, but it is such a nuisance that its starting to bother me a lot, since i sometimes have spotify on another desktop.

1 Reply

Hey @Locoplains13,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you please make sure that your keyboard is properly configurated to use the dedicated playback buttons? An easy way to test this would be to give another music/video app a go or test the play/pause button in a site like YouTube. If it works there, could you let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts