Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

You open Spotify and play a song, to the right of the track length bar is a set of numbers that show the song length in minutes and seconds. When you click on it, it shows the amount of time left to the end of the song. (I prefer this) When you close and reopen the app it reverts back to showing song length not time remaining. I will also point out that if you make it show time remaining and open fullscreen, then it will switch back to total song time.  Before the major update, it would stick to whatever I set it to.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Fooster14,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the info.

We can confirm that it's not possible to switch to time remaining while in full screen mode. Regarding it not being saved after closing and re opening the app, it looks like that's the current expected behavior of the app. However, we'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right folks.

We also invite you to share your feedback in this thread, which is constantly being monitored by the right teams in order to collect all your thoughts and comments, as it helps us to keep improving the app.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @Fooster14

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how it goes so we can continue helping if you need us to. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I performed a clean reinstall but after testing it the issue stays. I will click on it so that it shows time remaining, I go full screen, and it shows total length. But when I go back to the normal dashboard it goes back to time remaining. Although when I close and reopen Spotify it reverts back to total length on the main dashboard. Sorry.

Hey @Fooster14

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you ask a fiend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this? 

If possible, you could also give it a try using a different internet connection just to see if you notice anything new.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately, the fullscreen thing is a premium feature and I am the only person that has premium for anyone I know. Also, this is off my PC and I am not able to get a different internet connection to it (it's plugged in via ethernet).
I tried this on my laptop and it still produced the same results. (if that says anything to you)

Hi there @Fooster14,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a
thanks for your help guys
Marked as solution

Hi there @Fooster14,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the info.

We can confirm that it's not possible to switch to time remaining while in full screen mode. Regarding it not being saved after closing and re opening the app, it looks like that's the current expected behavior of the app. However, we'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right folks.

We also invite you to share your feedback in this thread, which is constantly being monitored by the right teams in order to collect all your thoughts and comments, as it helps us to keep improving the app.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts