Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Too many clicks on the Desktop App

Too many clicks on the Desktop App

It takes far too many clicks to get to certain features on the Desktop app, specifically things like Albums. Currently I need to click on "Your Library" then depending on how large my window is, click on Albums to get to where I want or click on a drop down menu to finally find it.

The space on the sidebar is woefully underutilized and should have those things accessible right there. Currently its very tedious and frustrating to use.
6 Replies

Hey there @sbol_f7r7-dzr

If you would like this UI element to be changed, you're welcome to submit an Idea in the Idea Exchange.

It appears that a similar Idea was posted and closed here, so you may need to come up with a different way to describe what you're looking for (maybe ask for a toggle for these sidebar links).

For more info on the Idea Exchange, read this article.

@sbol_f7r7-dzr

I just found that you can also press Alt + Shift + 4 to quickly jump to your liked albums page.

You can find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts within your Spotify app.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675176038637.png

Yeah, that was my idea too, but it was rejected because it didn't meet their requirements and they told me to come here instead.

Now I'm told to go back again?

How is this meant to help anyone?

I had no idea any of those shortcuts existed or even where to look for them.  That still doesn't alleviate my problem unfortunately.

Sorry, I didn't see that it was your post. I'm not sure if anything can be done to get this changed back to the way it used to be. Let me get back to you.

It would be great to have an option to have a mini player with skins possibly so the app wont take most of the screen when I'm working. And just to explain I need to keep it up (not minimized) so I can use the space bar to pause songs when I need to answer a team call or do video chat as I'm working from home - a reality more and more common these days.

Suggested posts