Free

Country

Australia

Device

Lenovo Ideapad 3 Slim 14"

Operating System

Windows 10 Spotify App

My Question or Issue

This has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever I go to search for a song the top result shows either the Artist, Playlist or Album and I have to scroll to search for the song and it bugs me deep down.

Screenshot 2021-09-19 193533.png
3 Replies

Hey @Keiz3r,

Thanks for the post.

Depending on the song you search for and how you write the search criteria you might get different results. Depending on whether other user play specific playlist/ albums containing that track.

Generally on the Desktop app, you'll see the top results for playlists, albums, features etc. And on the right-hand side, or just underneath you should see a section titled Songs, where there will be the top 5 songs matching your search criteria.

Hope this info helps 🙂 Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This bugs me too! Something has change in the last updates. More more more episodes and stuff I'm not searching. That makes my Spotify exprience much slower as I have to click click click click * 50 to find what I want. But.. I'm used to it nowadays. I just don't understand why Spotify makes things harder and complicated. Every update is going to remove something.

Also have to be careful that contents made for me (daily mix N <-- these are pretty good - at least now.) .. is from Albums and with Explicit content.  I want and have allowed explicit content, then suggestions made for me should always include all the F-words and stuff what the artist has composed, written and planned in Original version.

Hi @Blueberry,

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread.

If you're not able to accurately find what you're searching for, you can use advanced search options to narrow down your results.

In this article you can find all the options available to improve your listening experience. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts