Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble playing songs in windows 10

Trouble playing songs in windows 10

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Computer & Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My problem is that i can listen any song in my cellphone but when i try to play a specified song in the computer (Windows 10), its like the song doesnt even exists. This happen with songs of my country (Argentina) and with songs of other countries. I try reinstalling the app and deleting all the folders related with spotify and still having the same issue.

There is a couple of photos of my problem with local songs and with foreign songs.

Pd: This trouble doesnt happened with the list of liked songs that i added on my cellphone.

1.jpg
2.jpg
2 Replies

Hi,

I think you are not connected to the internet. Check you proxy settings.

Regards,

René

I contacted with the support of spotify on twitter and they gave me the solution. I followed the steps from below and it works for me. I hope it helps you too.

In this case, we suggest you follow these steps

1. Run Notepad as administrator (right click> Run as Administrator).

2. Click File> Open and navigate to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc.

3. Choose "All files" instead of "Text Documents" in the lower right corner of the search window; you will see several files and you just have to click on "hosts" and then on Open.

4. When you open that file, you will see a block of text that contains lines that start with #; where you can see entries like: 0.0.0.0, website.com127.0.0.1 and (link: http://website2.com) website2.com.

5. Look for any entry that contains Spotify (examples; 0.0.0.0 or weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0).

6. If you find entries with Spotify on them, delete them.

7. Save the changes and run the latest version of the Spotify app.

Suggested posts