Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn OFF Album Art?

Turn OFF Album Art?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to turn off the album art tiles on the playlists that were just added? Because wow, I absolutely HATE THIS, it takes up too much space, I don't want to see tiny, barely visible tiles, I have a small monitor, I just want to see the list of songs. Is there a way to do this?

10 Replies

Hey there @neonbrutalism

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can take a better look at what you're seeing from your end? 

You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Okay, so on the new Desktop version of spotify, this is what I see.

ugh.png

The album art next to the song titles. I am asking if there's a way to turn OFF the album art I'm seeing on the playlist, so I just see the plain text list of songs. I know what I'm listening to, I do not need to see the album art, I am not usually sitting there looking at the program.

Hey @neonbrutalism,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Currently there is no option to turn off the album art.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app.

You can also head here and add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

can you guys please add the option to turn off the album art. I really don't like it, like it physically unsettles me and I'm not the only one. thank you.

There are some album covers that are NSFW and would love the option to turn them off. 

Yes please!!! My kids love to use my Spotify and even with parental controls they still see the album art. And I don’t need my kids learning that according to the music industry women are mostly good for being naked and for men to grope. Thanks a bunch! 

Cant believe this is still an issue.

I was running an old version for a long time but that finally stopped working so now forced to run this rubbish.
Spotify please hire a UX designer with a brain because your current design team dont care about UX. this mobile UI does not work on a desktop. its actively making me use the program less.

Also the search box is now two clicks away. great work team. Ruining Spotify with every update. Should just revert back to 2018 when the UI peaked

It seems Spotify has reached the max number of feature requests. When submitting I get "Due to a high amount of new Idea Submissions to review, we are temporarily pausing new submissions." Is there already a feature request for turning off album art and/or playlist images as part of the parental controls, or otherwise? I would love to contribute a vote, but my searches do not end with any valid results.

I would like to use Spotify at work and without the option to hide these photos there is a lot of inappropriate images that show up. This is primarily what I use Spotify for and at this point when this feature has been unavailable for so long with people requesting it it just seems like Spotify doesn't care/ listen to users.

I'm going to go ahead and just cancel my subscription. Maybe there's a music app out there that listens to user feedback.

I actually have a technical need to toggle playlist song icons:

I’m trying to delete all songs except the last couple of hundred ones in a playlist of ~7000 songs. I click the first song in the playlist and then scroll to the bottom by pressing End on my keyboard, and the plan is then to hold down Shift and click a song near the bottom, to select all those songs in between. However, when I scroll to the end of the playlist Spotify just keeps loading the last songs of the playlist (seemingly) indefinitely. My guess is that it’s trying to download every single album artwork for the 7000 songs, which seems to take a loooooooooong time.

Suggested posts