Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn playlist into a podcast or mixtape

Turn playlist into a podcast or mixtape

Hello Spotify friends,

I was wondering if it is possible to turn a well-curated playlist into a podcast/mixtape. I am planning to do a monthly podcast of the best ambient/drone tracks that I found. This podcast could then be uploaded to Spotify, iTunes and Mixcloud.

Looking forward to your help and ideas.

Best regards,

Theo

4 Replies

Hey @Crow74,

Sorry to say, there's no feature in Spotify that will do that. And also, I believe it's not a good idea (from a legal perspective) to take tracks without licensing agreements and publish them to other services, as you don't own the licensing rights to any of the songs.

Hope this helps.

Hello @MickeyDXIII,

Thanks for your answer.

I have done mixes in the past, and always made sure I had a written agreement that I could use the artist's track in a mix or podcast. I sourced my tracks from Bandcamp, SoundCloud, iTunes and my own CD's.

Maybe Spotify will make a tool in the future that makes it easier to create podcasts. They are just a little different than playlists, imho.

Cheers!

Theo

Hey @Crow74,

That's good to hear! Wish you all the best with the podcast idea. If you end up continuing, I'd love to grab the name, sounds like a really cool idea!

Thanks!

Hi @MickyDXIII,

The name that I'd use would probably be the same as the playlist that I started last month where I collect tracks from new and recent ambient and drone releases: Ambient Arrivals.

In case you're interested, you can find it here:

https://open.spotify.com/user/crow74/playlist/0P0iJfvVFtfKEt6YgBzPnL

I will let you know when the podcast is going to be a reality.

Cheers!

Best regards,

Theo

Suggested posts