Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change profile my picture

Solved!

Unable to change profile my picture

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've tried to change my profile picture using the Spotify desktop app, the "change" button did appear and I uploaded a picture normally but then I checked again my profile by exiting the app and re-open it, the picture went back to blank, then I've checked here if someone else had the same problem, but most cases here the "change" button doesn't appear, but regardless I've tried to use one of the solutions suggested in one case where I delete Spotify, restart my PC and re-download it, but again it same problem, it shows that I did upload a picture but when I exit the app or check from my phone it shows that the photo is not uploaded.

any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, I don’t think it's a must cause I checked now and it uploaded, so maybe the servers were busy or they had to check if the picture is not copyright claimed by someone else, cause before you upload anything they tell you that, and the picture I uploaded is much much bigger than 128x128 it’s not a must size, cause Spotify will crop the picture to make it fit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

try uploading an image that’s 128x128 pixels. if you’re not sure of your image size (or you need to resize it), you can check/edit your image size on a Windows based desktop computer/laptop using the Paint application (click the Home tab > Resize > Pixels). if you’re using a Mac based desktop computer/laptop, use the Paintbrush application.

Marked as solution

Well, I don’t think it's a must cause I checked now and it uploaded, so maybe the servers were busy or they had to check if the picture is not copyright claimed by someone else, cause before you upload anything they tell you that, and the picture I uploaded is much much bigger than 128x128 it’s not a must size, cause Spotify will crop the picture to make it fit.

Suggested posts