Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play certain songs from artist's page

Solved!

Unable to play certain songs from artist's page

I'm unable to play any songs/albums from an artist that is unfavorited. If the song/album is favorited, it'll play perfectly. I've reinstalled twice but it didn't work either time. There's no error message, just an empty box. See attached image.

Screenshot (8).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

check your hosts file (should be located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ) and remove anything with "spotify" in the url from said file. you will receive advertisements if you do not have premium, but there are third party ad blockers if you google around

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have a similar problem but it doesn't just happen to unfavourited songs, some favourited songs get this effect too. I've tried the webplayer and nothing would play, the playlists just wouldn't work.

My queue will almost always look like attached

{0050C5E5-2DB6-4601-BD4B-234C9CEC70B0}.jpg

same for me, also in webplayer songs won't play but have tons of javascript errors

for some reasons reinstalling the app will fix it for me temporaly... 

spotifybug.png

I'm the exact same. I reinstalled it for the fifth time yesterday and it fixed it for maybe 20 minutes

Iv been having the same issue for the past week or so, i can only play a few songs from any album i go on. Reinstalling spotify seems to fix it for a couple minutes or so, but after a while it does the same thing and you gotta reinstall again. 

2.PNG
Marked as solution

check your hosts file (should be located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ) and remove anything with "spotify" in the url from said file. you will receive advertisements if you do not have premium, but there are third party ad blockers if you google around

Works, thanks! Know of any blockers that don't modify the hosts file?

Suggested posts