Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to The Police?

What happened to The Police?

What happened to all their albums? They just disappeared!:confused: And yes, I have already read this:

"The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label. If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify."

But who decided to do this? And why? I don't think that none of Andy, Stewart or Sting would have done this, then they would have announced it on their Instagram or other social media.

If anybody knows what is going on, please clarify this situation to me.

P.S. I live in Sweden (if it is to any help).

Regards

Viggo

7 Replies

Hey @vdae! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.

I know it's sound washed up but Spotify wants to have all the music available for anyone everywhere in the world. I guess the albums by The Police got removed because of licensing changes.

Hopefully, they will be again soon. ^^

Peace

One day I'm listening to my favorite album: Reggatta de Blanc, the next day I can't find a single studio album. No explanation, nothing. Yes, Spotify's service conditions lets them do this, but it's infuriating when it happens and you aren't offered any explanation. Did the content owner or Spotify pull it and why? is it coming back or is it gone for good? As more and more artists that I listen to are removed without warning or explanation, the more I consider moving to another service.

@Nico wrote:

Hey @vdae! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.

I know it's sound washed up but Spotify wants to have all the music available for anyone everywhere in the world. I guess the albums by The Police got removed because of licensing changes.

Hopefully, they will be again soon. ^^

Peace

Hello, thanks!

Hmm... Well I really hope that somebody gets a **bleep** license and make sure to bring the albums back! ๐Ÿ˜„

Appreciate that you brought some clarification to this, but I am still somewhat confused that all the albums got removed without a notification from anyone.:shrug:

/Viggo

@thorsdal wrote:

One day I'm listening to my favorite album: Reggatta de Blanc, the next day I can't find a single studio album. No explanation, nothing. Yes, Spotify's service conditions lets them do this, but it's infuriating when it happens and you aren't offered any explanation. Did the content owner or Spotify pull it and why? is it coming back or is it gone for good? As more and more artists that I listen to are removed without warning or explanation, the more I consider moving to another service.

Agreed. Would be great if there is somebody who is aware of the situation that can give us a straight and clear explanation of what is going on right now. But as Niko stated, it might be a licensing issue.

They are back!:wink:

@vdae 

I'm glad they got added again. ^^

Peace

yes they can by themselves go to another society, but usually taht's their Disk editor (sorry i'm french so i maybe doing mistakes) but don't think that <(Sting particulary) couldn't change, he is asked by numerous editors so the one he chooses may have a contract with another than Sotify, in these cases, I wait and hope they come back. Most strange is when only one or two tracks disappeared from one album.

Suggested posts