Premium

Country

Romania

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, some of my local files sound distorted. I know for sure this is Spotify's fault because they play just fine on other apps. The bass has a bubble wrap noise to it. This has only started happening in the recent month so I assume it is because of some update.

3 Replies

Hi there @GT_77,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app? Follow the exact steps described in this Spotify Answer. This is a simple troubleshooting step, but often gets overlooked.

If that doesn't make a difference, let us know if the sound is distorted both on speakers and headphones.

We'll be on the lookout for your answer.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the response. I have done a complete clean reinstall as shown in the steps you have linked, but the problem persists. The sound is indeed distorted both on speakers and on headphones.

Hi @GT_77,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The right team is aware of this issue and they are looking into it. We can't say for sure exactly when or if there'll be a fix for this. 

Meanwhile you can check out the Top Answer from @co-sine in this thread, where users describe the same issue. Maybe converting the files over to a different file type can work for you as well, until there is a more development of the matter.

Hope you find this helpful. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts