Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop App crashing when using search

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDesktop App crashing when i type or paste some in search fields. Every time.Allready reinstall it, but problem stillver 1.1.38.558.g4b100958https://gyazo.com/ac4b14afb73e6...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Desktop App crashing when i type or paste some in search fields. Every time. Allready reinstal...
  • Seqtah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Search
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When will you fix the display of your favorite tracks in Russia?

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceAcer laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:Favorite tracks are not displayed or added in the windows app. This is what happened after the app was updated, after it officially appeared in Russia. This is a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Acer laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Favorite tracks are not displayed or added in the windows app. This is what happened ...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast date truncated

Plan-CountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify version1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc My Question or IssueThe podcast dates are truncated when I select Spanish language, no matter the size of the window. If I change to English language, I see it cor...

• Plan - Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Spotify version 1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc   My Question or Issue The podcast dates are truncated when I select Spanish language,...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I have troubles with loading desktop application spotify.

Spotify is already in Russia but troubles is troubles. So, my desktop application Spotify is not loading correct. It takes a while(5+ mins) to load from the black screen to the normal mode, BUT I can turn on or off music using my phone or using space...

• Visitor
  • Spotify is already in Russia but troubles is troubles. So, my desktop application Spotify is not loading correct. It takes a while(5+ mins) to load from the black screen to the normal mode, BUT I can...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify songs wont play at all on desktop app

Hello people, i got an issue with the spotify desktop app thats been going on for quite a while now and i'm really looking forward to fix it. Been trying to uninstall it the usual way using windows 10 uninstaller and lately i even tried to use Revo U...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello people, i got an issue with the spotify desktop app thats been going on for quite a while now and i'm really looking forward to fix it. Been trying to uninstall it the usual way using windows 1...
  • Pro_Ravage
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify "bricked" on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, version 1909 My Question or IssueHello,My Spotify is kind of bricked at the moment on my desktop, because I can not play any music unless I've started the song from my iPhone while being co...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10, version 1909   My Question or Issue Hello, My Spotify is kind of bricked at the moment on my desktop, because I can...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Quick skipping of songs, no sound, windows sounds are okay

Plan: PremiumCountry: The Netherlands DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, 64 bits My Question or Issue Hi all,Recently installed a Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard and the corresponding driver tha came with te card.There was a problem that both of my...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: The Netherlands  Device PC Operating System Windows 10, 64 bits   My Question or Issue  Hi all, Recently installed a Asus Xonar Essence STX soun...
  • Warflord
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code:2 attempting to login

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Spotify app on home PC stated it was not connected to the internet. I therefore uninstalled and reinstalled but now recive the attached error when logging in (Service is unavailable, pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device PC Operating System Windows 8   My Spotify app on home PC stated it was not connected to the internet. I therefore uninstalled and reins...
  • Xenia
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipps every Song

Ive got the same problem that got fixed for other people just by turning off Hardware Accel or switching output devices but both of those things do not offer a permanent solution. When i turn off my current output and turn on another one and restart ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive got the same problem that got fixed for other people just by turning off Hardware Accel or switching output devices but both of those things do not offer a permanent solution.   When i tur...
  • Slick6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Podcasts] Date of Podcast - Spanish version

I can't see the full date of the podcast episode. The year cannot be distinguished. It happens to me on my Android device (Galaxy S9 +) and my Win 10 PC. Attached screenshot.

• Visitor
  • I can't see the full date of the podcast episode. The year cannot be distinguished. It happens to me on my Android device (Galaxy S9 +) and my Win 10 PC. Attached screenshot.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium can not see Chromecast Audio unit (Win 10)

I have just got the 30-days free Spotify Premium. I restarted Spotify, its now "premium"I can use me Chromecast Audio via Google Chrome whit no problem, but in Spotify the "device-symbole" in lower right corner is not activated, its dark. If I open s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just got the 30-days free Spotify Premium. I restarted Spotify, its now "premium" I can use me Chromecast Audio via Google Chrome whit no problem, but in Spotify the "device-symbole" in lower...
  • axpress
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution where is lyrics

PlanFreeCountryfranceDeviceasus x541uOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueis there lyrics for songs in spotify?if yes how i can activate themif not could you add them plsss

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country france Device asus x541u Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue is there lyrics for songs in spotify?if yes how i can activate them if not could you add ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Non-windows store version unavailable

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueAccording to the FAQ I need to uninstall the windows store version before I can install the .exe version. However, I can't find the app version available for download. The in...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue According to the FAQ I need to uninstall the windows store version before I can install the ....
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Player Doesn't Open

PlanPremium CountryPortugal DeviceDELL Desktop / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Operating SystemWindows 10 / Android 10 My Question or IssueI was listening to music on my DELL desktop using Google Chrome and suddenly it stopped. I tried refreshing the page,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country Portugal    Device DELL Desktop / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro   Operating System Windows 10 / Android 10   My Question or Issue I was ...
  • music1213
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't work with Discord

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify simply doesn't work with Discord in any way, shape, or form. I've tried every fix I found online to no avail, both apps are connected and linked to one another how...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify simply doesn't work with Discord in any way, shape, or form. I've tried every fix I fou...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

LYRICS

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueGood day! I just realized that the lyrics are available on Spotify on my mobile. My question is about the lyrics from Spotify on the PC. Thanks in advance.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Good day! I just realized that the lyrics are available on Spotify on my mobile. My question is abou...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

show album cover next to song on pc

on pc is there a way to show the album cover of a song in a playlist or liked songs next to the name of it similar to how it appears on mobile.i have premium if that matters.thank you

• Visitor
  • on pc is there a way to show the album cover of a song in a playlist or liked songs next to the name of it similar to how it appears on mobile. i have premium if that matters. thank you
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify non riproduce più alcun brano

Come da titolo, Spotify non riproduce più alcun tipo di brano sul computer, sia in streaming sia locale. Ho già provato svariatissime volte a disinstallare l'app e a reinstallarla, ma la situazione rimane la stessa..L'errore che viene riportato è: Or...

• Come da titolo, Spotify non riproduce più alcun tipo di brano sul computer, sia in streaming sia locale.  Ho già provato svariatissime volte a disinstallare l'app e a reinstallarla, ma la situa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Heaphones aren't connecting

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy headphones are not connecting to my spotify desktop app but whenever I use Youtube or Netflix the headphones work. So I was wondering if there is any so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My headphones are not connecting to my spotify desktop app but whenever I use Y...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify desktop application keeps going offline randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Razer Blade 15)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have this weird issue with the Desktop Spotify application. Every time I open the Spotify application, by-default it shows that the laptop isn't connec...

spotify issue.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (Razer Blade 15) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have this weird issue with the Desktop Spotify application. Every time I op...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • dektop
    whileOnline
    windows10
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes