Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Windows 10 (PC) no longer working. Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall...

Spotify app for Windows 10 (PC) no longer working. Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall...

Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

Hi @fors82zy ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

I suggest following the official clean reinstall steps found here (I have pasted below the steps for your device):

Windows 10

1. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  2. Click the Start button.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Open System.
  5. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  6. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  7. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  8. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  9. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  10. In addition, you can run a search on your device to look for any leftover Spotify folders left. If you find any, make sure to delete them.
  11. Shut down your device, wait a couple of minutes and switch it on again.
  12. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store

This clean reinstall is just to thoroughly clean your computer of some possible glitches in your system. This will not get rid of your data, as your data is backed up to a personal cloud by Spotify, to keep it safe from deleting. This clean reinstall is different to just uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as it cleanly reinstalls the app as well as its background contents.

Let me know how it goes! 😄

Regards,

BK

Suggested posts