Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant play any music on spotify

About a day ago i opened up Spotify and tried to play some song but but nothing worked i couldn't see the album art in the bottom left corner, the name of the song currently playing didn't show up, the song timer was not a the bottom, and i couldn't ...

• Visitor
  • About a day ago i opened up Spotify and tried to play some song but but nothing worked i couldn't see the album art in the bottom left corner, the name of the song currently playing didn't show up, t...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app don't show lyrics

Plan: PremiumCountry: BrasilDevice: DesktopOperating System: Windows 10 My desktop app don't show music lyrics, neither WinApp or desktop app. The app don't show the button to see lyricsDon't show the key button to see lyrics

Anotação 2020-08-08 184601.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Brasil Device: Desktop Operating System: Windows 10   My desktop app don't show music lyrics, neither WinApp or desktop app.   The app don'...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    lyrics
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution No sound in Spotify for Windows 10 ...

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGood evening. I encounter a problem on Spotify on my main computer which is on Windows 10: No sound on the software, no matter what music I select, despite a cl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue Good evening. I encounter a problem on Spotify on my main computer which is on Windows...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Suchfunktion geht nicht

PlanPremiumCountrySchweiz Operating SystemWindows 10 Die Suchfunktion bei Spotify geht nicht - es erscheint gar nichts, egal wonach ich suche. Habe die App in Windows Store heruntergeladen -> Fehler, habe die App über die Website Installiert -> Fehle...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Schweiz   Operating System Windows 10   Die Suchfunktion bei Spotify geht nicht - es erscheint gar nichts, egal wonach ich suche. Habe die App in Windows Store ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify disappears

Hi, everytime I type anything in the search bar of spotify, it disappears, same behaviour since multiple times I updated or reinstalled the program...on Win10 desktop

• Visitor
  • Hi, everytime I type anything in the search bar of spotify, it disappears, same behaviour since multiple times I updated or reinstalled the program... on Win10 desktop
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • program crash
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Spotify keeps crashing immediately after playing a song.

I never had any issues running spotify before, but i recently upgraded with the new creators update and am unable to use spotify at all. It opens fine but as soon as i select a song and hit play the app instantly closes. Ive gone through task manager...

• I never had any issues running spotify before, but i recently upgraded with the new creators update and am unable to use spotify at all. It opens fine but as soon as i select a song and hit play the ...
  • RohitKmrSaxena
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play any song with spotify on PC.

Can't play any song on PC.PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can't play any song with spotify on my PC, but on phone I can.I deleted the app from PC and logged out from everywhere and then I'm only logged in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Can't play any song on PC. Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't play any song with spotify on my PC, but on phone I c...
  • nrloucks
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify sound fades out and stops playing while in-game

I was playing f1 2020 on PC and, all of a sudden, the music stopped playing.The issue is that it fades out before stopping, but the music still plays in the background, I just can't hear it.I've checked my pc status but everything was normal, meaning...

• Casual Listener
  • I was playing f1 2020 on PC and, all of a sudden, the music stopped playing. The issue is that it fades out before stopping, but the music still plays in the background, I just can't hear it. I've ...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Hi CPU Usage on Windows.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceWindows 10 Operating System1903 - OS Build 18362.356 My Question or IssueOpening Spotify immediately causing Spotify.exe to use 100% of a single core. I've uninstalled and re-installed (both the Store version and directly f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Windows 10   Operating System 1903 - OS Build 18362.356   My Question or Issue Opening Spotify immediately causing Spotify.exe to use 100% ...
  • yndtrud
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Extra Songs added to Playlist

I just joined Spotify. And I am a premium user. I am trying to make playlists and every time I add a song it adds every remix by every DJ on the planet (Yes I am exaggerating). But seriously, it adds like 3 or 4 or more versions at one time. I do not...

• I just joined Spotify. And I am a premium user. I am trying to make playlists and every time I add a song it adds every remix by every DJ on the planet (Yes I am exaggerating). But seriously, it adds...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random "Install Spotify" upon launch.

Just wanting to check and see if other Windows 10 App users occasionally see "Installing Spotify" upon launching the app? I get it on both my systems.I believe this is really just a license update but I also loose settings such as Shuffle, Repeat and...

• Just wanting to check and see if other Windows 10 App users occasionally see "Installing Spotify" upon launching the app?   I get it on both my systems. I believe this is really just a l...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Desktop Application No Longer Plays Music

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, release 1909 My Question or IssueThe desktop application has not been playing music for several weeks now. This started after the application auto-updated. The application starts, it lets me lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10, release 1909   My Question or Issue The desktop application has not been playing music for several weeks now. This start...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "My albums" section became blank !

PlanPremiumCountryFRDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn my phone, I have all my music. But when I use my PC, the albums section is empty. All other sections are ok. Please provide me some help to get my music on both platform, t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country FR Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On my phone, I have all my music. But when I use my PC, the albums section is empty. All ot...
  • Qronicle
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't scroll up down in artists arrows are missing in win 10 present in linux premiun spotify in uk

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuethe arrows to scroll up down have down have gone missing from my win 10 laptops spot premium ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue the arr...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Visual bug inside Artist page

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen you start to listen artist songs from ALBUMS/EP's area. Song changed and start play from antoher ALBUM/EP's but inside artist page in ALBUM/EP's area an icon, which show current active ALBUM...

• Visitor
  •   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When you start to listen artist songs from ALBUMS/EP's area. Song changed and start play from antoher ALBUM/EP's but in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist page
    visual bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to turn on album's covers bottom left?

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 I turned it off somehow (while scaled the window I guess). How can I turn it on now (scaling it back doesn't help :D)?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   I turned it off somehow (while scaled the window I guess). How can I turn it on now (scaling it back doesn't help :D)...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album covers
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable songs displace currently playing song highlight

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceLenovo ThinkPad T570Operating SystemWindows 10App Version1.1.38.558.g4b100958 (Microsoft Store version) My Question or IssueWhat I expect:When playing a song from a playlist, clicking the album cover of the currently pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Lenovo ThinkPad T570 Operating System Windows 10 App Version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958 (Microsoft Store version)   My Question or Issue What I expect: ...
  • tehsnowman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • highlight
    Unavailable Song
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I need the non-microsoft store spotify

PlanFreeDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 Home 1909My Question or IssueEverytime i do the setup it shows the non microsoft store app but a few seconds after that it's removedI can use the microsoft store app but i want to use the non microsoft s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 Home 1909 My Question or Issue Everytime i do the setup it shows the non microsoft store app but a few seconds after that it's removed I ca...
  • Nicholasdaniel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Struggling with volume settings (windows 10)

Hi there, I have a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad). When I listen to Spofity (premium account) and I do not have the app open on my screen but just at the bottom panel with opened programs, the music becomes very quiet.Does anybody know why my device do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I have a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad). When I listen to Spofity (premium account)  and I do not have the app open on my screen but just at the bottom panel with opened program...
  • Barak_M
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How does spotify count streams in beta group session?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIf I play a song in group session and other people listened to it, how many streams will the art...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue If I play a son...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes