Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback pausing in Windows Store (UWP) App

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSurface Pro 3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Sometimes playback will "freeze" when or after ads are played. Pressing the Play/Pause button a few times will sometimes resume playback but when that does...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Surface Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Sometimes playback will "freeze" when or after ads are played. Pressing th...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ads
    advertising
    pausing
    playback
    uwp
    Windows
    Windows Store
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musics stops after X seconds

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryBelgiumDeviceWindows HP Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe music on my Spotify app stops playing every couple of seconds. I tried different solutions already, changing the cache folder, trying to find anythi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium - Family Country Belgium Device Windows HP  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The music on my Spotify app stops playing every couple of seconds. I tr...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Spotify STOPPED WORKING for Windows 7 ???

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktop WindowsOperating SystemWindows 7 So, a couple days ago my Spotify stopped playing tracks. I'll press play and the whole software will basically freeze. When I open the Task Manager, I see four or five instances o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop Windows Operating System Windows 7   So, a couple days ago my Spotify stopped playing tracks. I'll press play and the whole software will basi...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop Windows
    freeze
    Windows 7
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows 7 wont play and get's unresponsive

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktop / PCOperating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate SP 1 + GEFORCE 1060 + I7 4770k My Question or Issue It started one or two days ago, after clicking on PLAY, all clicks on Spotify software are ignored, nothing happens. No a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop / PC Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 + GEFORCE 1060 + I7 4770k   My Question or Issue   It started one or two days ago, after ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with the windows app

Hello, I´m having a problem to log in with the windows app of Spotify.I received a message that says that the firewall is blocking spotify, and that I should try to change the proxy configuration, how could I do that?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I´m having a problem to log in with the windows app of Spotify.I received a message that says that the firewall  is blocking spotify, and that I should try to change the proxy configurati...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Perfomance Issues

Help please! : Hi. Everytime when i boot up my computer, the spotify desktop application makes my computer Lag. Any suggestions? Plz Respond!

• Visitor
  • Help please! :     Hi. Everytime when i boot up my computer, the spotify desktop application makes my computer Lag. Any suggestions?       Plz Respond!
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to access another user's playlist in the Desktop App

I am using Spotify desktop in Windows 7 (Yeah, I know... I'm upgrading to Windows 10 soon). How can I find another person's playlist? They've e-mailed me a link, but I don't know what to do with it in the desktop app... Also, is the desktop app free ...

• Music Fan
  • I am using Spotify desktop in Windows 7 (Yeah, I know... I'm upgrading to Windows 10 soon).   How can I find another person's playlist? They've e-mailed me a link, but I don't know what to do ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [bug] Spotify Desktop crashes when the screen is back on (after off in battersaving mode)

Hi all, does anyone familiar with the bug that when spotify is running on the background of the laptop playing music while the screen is off (when the laptop is unplugged), and when the screen is back on (if moving the mouse or something) spotify cra...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   does anyone familiar with the bug that when spotify is running on the background of the laptop playing music while the screen is off (when the laptop is unplugged), and when the scre...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Upload local playlists

premium plantrying to get local music & playlists on my phonei can get local music (but not playlists) from shared drive on my windows desktop spotify appi cannot get playlists uploaded to spotify - how to do that?i don't see my local music (that i s...

• Casual Listener
  • premium plan trying to get local music & playlists on my phone i can get local music (but not playlists) from shared drive on my windows desktop spotify app i cannot get playlists uploaded to ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution artist page not working on win 10 (bug)

Premiumusawin 10 64 bitlong time user, LONG time problem i have been having this problem for a long time.i have restated 100s of times.(both) Reinstalled spodfy.exe and spodfy.uwp apps. i have cleared all sopdfy data (app data, user data, local and r...

wheezs_4-1577201423240.png wheezs_3-1577201392972.png
  • Casual Listener
  •       Premium usa win 10 64 bit long time user, LONG time problem      i have been having this problem for a long time. i have restated 100s...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Freezes up during commercials

PlanFreeCountryUSADevicelaptopOperating systemWindows 8 My Question or IssueSpotify freezes only during commercials. Is there a fix?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device laptop Operating system Windows 8   My Question or Issue Spotify freezes only during commercials. Is there a fix?
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify offline despite working wifi connection

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAsus NotebookOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Hello, after the update to version 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9, Spotify is stuck to offline (the offline mode is disabled from the settings menu) and doesn't connect to the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Asus Notebook Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue   Hello, after the update to version 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9, Spotify is s...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Play Music In 2 Locations On My Echo Dot

I have a Echo Dot (3rd Gen) at work and at home. I have noticed the last few days while my wife has been at home she has been trying to listen to music and it will turn off my Dot and likewise when I start mine it kicks her off. Is there a way we can...

• Visitor
  • I have a Echo Dot (3rd Gen) at work and at home. I have noticed the last few days while my wife has been at home she has been trying to listen to music and it will turn off my Dot and likewise when I...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not play on desktop computer

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am unable to play music in the spotify app or the web player. It works fine on my android phone. I press play and nothing happens. I have tried restarting with the same...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device Dell PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am unable to play music in the spotify app or the web player. It works fine on my an...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Change Profile Picture

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been trying to change my profile picture on Spotify and it will not change or update. When I "change" my profile picture it shows the image at first, but then imme...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been trying to change my profile picture on Spotify and it will not change or update. W...
  • playlistsunite
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    profile picture
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Profile Picture

Hello. I was have been trying to change my profile pictue on my spotify account but it refuses to change. It goes back to spotify's standard one. Why is that and how can I fix it?PlanPremium DevicePC, Windows

• Regular
  • Hello. I was have been trying to change my profile pictue on my spotify account but it refuses to change. It goes back to spotify's standard one. Why is that and how can I fix it? Plan Premium &nb...
  • playlistsunite
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryBelgium DeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify all of the sudden refuses to play anything. it doesn't play any song, podcasts, downloaded songs, local files, nothing. It cycles through a few songs...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium   Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify all of the sudden refuses to play anything. it doesn't play any so...
  • rocktailer
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHuawei P20 Pro CLT-L09Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSo essentially, I have tried to get local files on my phone. It used to work perfectly fine, around 400 songs, they all imported and I could add...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L09 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue So essentially, I have tried to get local files on my phone. It used...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files sync mobile phone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Desynchronization

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop PC // Macbook Pro, Samsung Galaxy A70Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy playlist, which is currently about 1500 songs long, is desynched. This is only on my desktop PC. It's only 1 song behind...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop PC // Macbook Pro, Samsung Galaxy A70 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My playlist, which is currently about 1500 song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Uninstall Spotify Windows 10

I can't bare this shitty app on windows I can't even uninstall it via the settings, after I uninstall it pops back up. And yes its the shitty windows store version for some reason even tho I downloaded it from their website.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't bare this shitty app on windows I can't even uninstall it via the settings, after I uninstall it pops back up. And yes its the shitty windows store version for some reason even tho I download...
  • Gvladik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes