Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo IdeaPad 10th Gen

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I just got a new laptop - I'm looking to keep things clean this go around as my music was a mess on my last device. I'm trying to add one new album on Local Files. As I said, this is a new computer so my local files should have been empty. I added the album but there were 174 songs on my local files. Very strange as the folder I added is one album.

So then I went and deleted my Local-files.bnk as directed on this forum. That cleared everything out but when I went back to add the album again, once again all these other songs showed up in my local files. Some of these songs I know 100% I never added locally ever b/c I've only added a small handful of albums in this manner. And again, I'm only adding one album folder - it's like 17 songs, but over a hundred are populating. 

I'll also mention Spotify is preinstalled on my device as an app - there's no downloading it or deleting it - it's just there. Not sure if that matters. 

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you. 

5 Replies

Hey there @cptnmarv,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community.

We recommend deleting your Local Files again with the steps you'll find here. Then, run a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Lastly, add your Local Files again by following the steps in this article, making sure to only select the files you want to upload to Spotify.

If the issue persists, can you send us some screenshots of the folder you're uploading to Spotify and how it looks on the app? Those will be helpful to further investigate.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

Peter - right out of the gate I'm having trouble with your instructions. There doesn't seem to be any clear way to delete songs from local files. The only options I see are to move a song to a Queue or to move them to another playlist. There's no clear cut way that I see to delete the songs. So how do I delete songs from local files? 

Hey @cptnmarv,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to try restarting the PC. Then you can give these steps a go in order to delete the songs.

If the issue persists, could you try on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But that doesn't answer my question at all. I've already deleted my local bank if you read my other post. This is just going around in circles and not moving my situation forward at all. 

I'm pretty much ready to dust off my ipod bc at least then I can listen to what I want without wasting all day trying to figure out how to do it. 

The lack of not being able to speak to someone only makes it worse. This manner of "help" .... waiting hours for replies that don't have solutions at all...... only makes it worse. 

Hi there @cptnmarv,

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. There are multiple factors that can be causing the app to behave this way so we need to go through several steps of troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this.

Local files should be deleted from your Spotify Local Files folder once they're removed from their original location on the hard drive of your old computer.

What I'd recommend is to Log out everywhere and then log back in only on your new computer. This will force sync you account with the system.

After that try to clear the local files cache like it's described in this Solution. If you still have access to your old PC I'd suggest you do the same there.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts