Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 app just show outline of window

Windows 10 app just show outline of window

Windows 10

Surface 2 Pro

Spotify app. Not possible to activate window, only show a grey outline of the window. When try to change focus to Spotify app, window just comes up as outline, can see through to background. App runs, but no content or commands can be seen. 

18 Replies

Hey @komlagan,

That's an odd one, is it the windows stor app or the desktop version?

If it's the App i'd try checking for any updates both for the surface and app failing that, try a fresh installation.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Hello! it is store app and it is updated. Also Surface is latest patch. The problem came after last windows update.

I have the same issue also on a Surface Pro. Again it is the Windows Store App. I have reset it, uninstalled it, and re-installed and re-booted many times to no avail.

I have the same issue on my Windows 10 laptop. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from online and from the Windows Store, but each avenue leads to the same problem.

for me the same error

windows 10 1803, Spotify Windows Store App

Spotify is just an empty transparent windows

Hey everyone,

Have you tried the desktop version of spotify? Does it give the same results?

Andy

I have tried both desktop version and the microsoft store apps with the same result.

Yeah, same here... both desktop and store app = same problem

Same Problem on a Thinkpad X230 after latest big Windows Update. Seems to be a issue caused by the new Windows version and hitting all sorts of clients. 

Yes, confirm, I have a pre-latetest-patch Windows 10 and the app works fine. How can we have Spotify give priority to this?

Same here. Latest windows 10 patch, app version and desktop version don't work.
Is there some kind of fix or workaround?

I have the same problem also with a different program, furthermore, I am not able to use a second monitor via HDMI currently. I use a surface pro 3. My dad has a lenovo laptop also with the latest windows 10 patch, doesn't have any problems. funny though, that the problem mostly seems to apply to windows products with windows 10 on ^^

Just founed out that the source of my problem is duet display. The program lets me use my Ipad as second screen and it seems not to get a long with the new update. As soon as I uninstalled it, all other applications including spotify worked properly. 

I also use Duet Dual Display. I understand uninstalling Duet allowed for Spotify to work properly, but were you then able to reinstall Duet to continue using your second display?

Exactly the same problem - on both Surface Pro 3 & 4

But I DO NOT have duet on either machine

I did reinstall it, duet now works properly but spotify isn't working again (same goes for WD Security btw.). I found on reddit other people with similar issues i.e. also for the sonos app and also with reference to duet display. I just contacted customer support of duet display and hope they get back to me soon with a solution for the issue because I wouldn't want to decide between Spotify and duet display. I keep you posted...

I confirm I have Duet Display as well. Please let me know.

I spoke with Duet. You can fix the problem by uninstalling Duet, opening Spotify and going into advanced settings to disable GPU acceleration, then reinstalling Duet. Both applications will be functional.

Not sure if the GPU acceleration fix will work for the other folks who aren't Duet users, but give it a try and see if it helps.

Suggested posts