Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.867
Spotify has a bug when using the browse folder UI control to change a setting.
Spotify immediately crashes when trying to change the offline storage location or add a local source. Everything else in Spotify works fine.
- First had the Spotify installed from the website and got the immediate crash issue when trying to add a local source.
-Uninstalled Spotify and installed from the Microsoft Store, same immediate crash when trying to add local storage.
-Uninstalled Spotify and manually deleted anything Spotify related from the file system and Windows Registry. Rebooted Windows.
-Installed Spotify from the Windows Store, immediate crash when trying to change offline storage or add a local source.
- Started Spotify and downloaded a playlist. Go into offline mode, downloaded songs play fine.
- In Local Files settings enabled show songs from Downloads and Music Library. MP3 files in those locations show in "Local Files" and play fine.
- Run Spotify.exe as Administrator, immediate crash when trying to change offline storage or add local source.
- Run Spotify in Windows 8 or Windows 7 compatibility mode, immediate crash when trying to change offline storage or add local source.
I've done the clean install, reboot, check hosts files, blah blah blah, still immediately crashes. Again, everything else in Spotify is working fine, it's only when using the browse folder UI control in settings does Spotify crash.