Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows & Android currently playing different songs at the same time

Windows & Android currently playing different songs at the same time

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have been trying to fix this issue myself, but there is absolutely no way. I have tried everything I have found online, and I'm literally incapable of making this right again. As of now, this very moment, with the same account (yes, it is 100% the same account), I am playing 2 different songs on 2 devices. This has been happening for several days, and I seem to be unable to figure out why that is the case. I think I recently updated Spotify, I can't remember though. But for a couple of days now, ever since this has started happening, my Spotify on both phone and on computer have stopped identifying each other. Both can connect to other things in the house, such as the PS4, or our television; that is not an issue. But they do not find each other. 

To counter this problem, I have tried a whole list of things. To cross them off, here is what I have already attempted to solve it with:

1. Log out everywhere

2. Turn off Firewall

3. Clean reinstall 

4. Not using VPN

5. Several restarts/ reboots on phone and computer

I'm not sure I missed something, but this is what I can remember. I'm at a loss. As someone who uses Spotify 24/7, and also uses LastFM to track music, this is a disaster. I'm absolutely devastated and really, really need assistance to fix this. 

Thank you. 

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Computer & S21 Ultra

Operating System

Windows 8.1 & Android 12

1 Reply

Hey @seobinnies, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That is quite strange!

Is it possible that one the apps is set to Offline Mode?

Have you tried with different Spotify accounts?

Keep me posted 🙂

Suggested posts