Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows app permanently in offline mode, but all other devices work. Help?

Windows app permanently in offline mode, but all other devices work. Help?

When I login to Spotify on the Windows app, it always tells me I'm in offline mode even though I am not. I made sure to uncheck the "offline mode" box in Files. All the songs are grayed out and it will not show me friend status. However, Spotify will work properly on the web browser and on my iPhone. I've tried restarting, relogging, turning off my firewall, and looked at proxies. I don't know what to do now.
3 Replies

Hey there @wzscdwju7giii2wlvvk,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Just to confirm, are you using any VPNs? If so, we suggest that you deactivate it to ensure optimal performance of the app. 

On another note, we'd recommend clearing up your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the suggestion! I am not using any VPNs, and I just checked my host files and did not find anything to delete.

Hi @wzscdwju7giii2wlvvk

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if this has always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, would you mind trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that? This way we can check if the issue is network-related. 

Additionally, make sure to disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts