Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps acting as if shuffle is selected when playing from Liked Songs. I cleared out my queue, thinking maybe it was a disconnect there, but once I hit play again, the queue populates with a randomized list. I have tried hitting shuffle, playing some, and then switching shuffle off, while monitoring the queue. Hitting shuffle changes the queue, but it's still not playing in the order I have it sorted (by artist). There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order it's playing in.

Also, clicking the album image on the bottom left doesn't take me to the right place in the list. I have it sorted by artist, playing an "F" artist, I click the image, and it takes me to the "S" area of the list.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and these same problems come up each time.

5 Replies

I uninstalled, reinstalled, listened to two separate chunks of Liked Songs and it played in order. Now it just jumped halfway through the library and repopulated the queue. Does this happen to anyone else?

I also have a similar problem. It is fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But after a day or two, it's broken again...

same thing has been happening FOR MONTHS. i hate you spotifiy!

Hey @NickPolo1408,

Thanks for reaching on the Community!

Could we ask you to share a bit more details regarding your experience? Can you also tell us the current version number of your Spotify app and also if you have a Premium subscription going on, or your issue is happening on a free account.  We have tried to simulate this behavior on a free account, and the Liked Songs seem to play in the normal order they appear on the list (not shuffled). It would be very helpful if you could send us a short screen recording of the situation, so we can advise you better.

Do keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

July 11, 2022.  Same problem.  Will not stop shuffle.  Premium member on an iPad.   This is waaaay too difficult.  There is a glitch in the plaform; subscribers should not have to work so hard to have an annoying, imposed, feature removed.

Suggested posts