Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

api-ms-win-core-console-l3-2-0.dll is missing

api-ms-win-core-console-l3-2-0.dll is missing

Updated Spotify on Win10 and get this message when I try to run it or to uninstall it. Not able to do anything with it. What could I do?

Top Answer
Susan_GP

Hey there,

Thanks for your posts here in the Community and for all the info provided!

At Spotify, we are always working to provide our users with the best possible listening experience. We continuously encourage users to use the latest version of Spotify as it contains the newest features and bug fixes. Older versions of the app often have broken or missing features due to their old interface, which can not support the latest Spotify experience. In addition some of these old apps have security vulnerabilities associated with underlying older technologies. These vulnerabilities are not available on the latest versions of the app and can only be eliminated by shutting down services built with older technologies.

The latest version of Spotify requires at least Windows 10 on PC or macOS 10.13 to function.

We recommend making sure you are using the most recent version of the Spotify app on your devices, and have updated your Operating System to the latest version first. Additionally, you can also enjoy Spotify through our Web Player.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away!

122 Replies

Obrigado!
La única solución que me funcionó

I still get the same error. I am unable to uninstall or reinstall it from my computer. this sucks..

6Moonie9_0-1684373834464.png

Updating Windows is not a solution for everyone. Please fix it so that it works on older versions as well. I didn't subscribe to not be able to use it.

This solution (installing SpotifyFull7-8-8.1.exe) doesn't work anymore... 😞

This one worked! Very simple solution. Thank you. 

thx broooo, its work too for mee

I don't know what spotify did or is doing tried on differend laptops all crashed with dll missing. I am shure I have a full updated windows 10 version How wil spotify fix this problem?

Guys, I found a solution and here's how to do it:
If you have a PC with Windows 10(1607) or newer versions, then go to this link: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/other/ and then click on the green button 7. After that, run the file which you downloaded and then you should have Spotify running.
P.S:(It can be solved by upgrading your pc to newer versions) but i don't check it so i don't know if it work.

btw: Spotify will look different because it was designed for windows 7 and it older versions!

I just tried another version for my computer and it work so first i go to this page (link removed) after that i downloaded May 3, 2023 version:1.2.10.760
And it works after that(if you don't trust to this site you can check it in VirusTotal or in your antivirus software)!

"Marked as Solution" is not an actual solution. My windows build is 1709 with enterprise edition and I couldn't upgrade it to 22H2 due to related edition. And I'm not okay with using spotify's older versions. So please come to use with an actual solution as soon as possible.

Looks like that Spotify has also updated the Windows 8 version and now I have the same error. 

me dare de baja al servicio. youtube premium ofrece las mismas o mejores funciones...para tener spotify en el celular y usar youtube con anuncios desde la pc, prefiero abandonar spotify. Sorry... perderan una gran cantidad de clientes

I think you shoul try this:
1. Try to start it with competition on Windows 7/Windows 8
2.Try to download older version, like Windows 7 or Windows 8 version or you can search on Google older version for Windows 10
3.You can try also re-install program or restart after that your computer that maybe work too
4.If you tried all of my variants, you can find more detail on other pages maybe you can find answer there!

You as more of people should try install Windows 7/8 verison or enable competition with it!

I tried this too but you can just download older version for Windows 10 on other pages on Google and maybe it will works for you but you need to know that can be virus and i will ask you to check your files your downloading on VirusTotal it a online web site that you can check your files safe without downloading!(it not a ad!)

It can be a bug on windows 10 or it just can't run on your computer so i recomend you to download older version of Spotify on windows 10 or 7/8 that can be helpful!🙂

But not too long because the spotify can auto install updates and after updating it will sent you same error!

This is ridiculous, spotify software is become worst day by day. How in the world i cannot run spotify on a old windows 10. Don't you run QA, Don't you have any respect for your paying customers.

You should be ashamed!

Suggested posts