Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play a playlist

Solved!

can't play a playlist

Hello, music lovers

I can't play a playlist that has 14,500 songs on PlayStation4 Pro (I am unsure on PlayStation5) or on web, while mobile app and desktop app can.

I have made them sure

• To update Spotify app on my PlayStation and web browser
  • To update my PlayStation firmware and PC firmware
  • To restart Spotify app on my PlayStation and web browser
  • To restart my PC

But all did not solve the problem, of course it is not about sound volume.

I can see that the issue can come from the quantity of songs that a playlist has. As I point out, my playlist has more than 14,500 songs. This could be unusual, still I want to hear it, so I would like dev. team to enable us to play such playlists. Otherwise, let me know how to play them.

Please help

from a music lover

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @yj-u-4,

We've passed on your feedback to the developer teams. However, we don't have any official news if this functionality will be updated in the near future.

Our tech folks are constantly working on making the app more usable on different devices, especially for power users who have large libraries and use the app extensively.

Take care.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @yj-u-4,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

In general the Spotify app can stop working properly if you have 10,000+ items in your library, since some devices can't load up such amounts of data quickly in real time. Since the PS4 is an older device, most likely it's having trouble loading up that playlist and in turn, it can't play it.

What you can try is splitting up that playlist in a few smaller ones, up to a 1000 songs each, and play music from those. I know it sounds like a hassle. The easiest way to do this would be using the PC app, where you can Shift select multiple songs at once. 

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator

Hi, Alex

Thank you for answering me 

I understand "Spotify app can stop working properly if you have 10,000+ items in your library," and I should split songs.

When apps on mobile and desktop work properly, I believe apps on PlayStation 4 or 5, and web player would run technically as well.

So, as I say, I hope Spotify dev. to make it work to play playlist which has a number of songs.

Marked as solution

Hey there @yj-u-4,

We've passed on your feedback to the developer teams. However, we don't have any official news if this functionality will be updated in the near future.

Our tech folks are constantly working on making the app more usable on different devices, especially for power users who have large libraries and use the app extensively.

Take care.

AlexModerator

Thank you again Alex, I appreciate it. It's kind of you.

I cannot wait for future updates on Spotify!

Suggested posts