Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

friend activity not updating, showing selected friends

friend activity not updating, showing selected friends

hello, my friend activity has been acting up lately. it was only showing 3 people out of 5, and those 3 people's activity had not updated in like 6 days, even though they've been listening to spotify consistently. now there is only 1 person showing, which is my sister, and she's also been listening to spotify every day, yet her activity says she was last listening 7 days ago. I closed and reopened spotify, shut down my computer, and followed and refollowed everyone, but it's not working. any ideas on how to fix this, or why this may be happening? I'll attach a screenshot. Thank you

1.PNG
21 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem. Been about a week or more now which sucks, to think perhaps this is what happens after an update.

This has been the case with mine and several friends' accounts as well. Maybe an update will fix this? I've tried many things but nothing seems to fix the problem. Help us, Spotify 

😩

mine wrked again last night for bout an hour and now has gone again..

I'm having the exact same problem now which started about a week ago although my friends listen to spotify everyday. I've contacted Spotify Technical Support but nothing seems to work that they are suggesting. They are aware of the problem but nothing has changed at the moment. Some of my friends have actaully gone past the 7 day unactive rule which results in them not showing at all on the activity list, so i cannot even tell if it now works or not.

Let me know if you find a solution.

UPDATE: 2 friends' activities have updated a little, though one of them is listed as last active 2 days ago, while she was just listening a little bit ago, i think. but it's a start!! still only 2 friends are showing, though. has anyone else's been working since? 

Yeah I’ve had the same thing as you. It says 2 days ago opposed to what was 7/8 days. Hopefully this is a good sign.

there are lots of posts about this issue for weeks and non of customer supports gave a solid answer for it.

Now it does update, but only when they listen to albums directly, or if they listen to playlists created by Spotify itself. It doesn't update when they listen to songs out of their own playlists. 

Last year, Spotify's Support Team told me that the recently played artists list would only update if the songs were played from Spotify's playlists or from the artist's page/albums.
Unfortunately, it seems that the same strategy is being applied to the friend feed. If you listen to your personal playlists, the recently played artists list and the friend feed won't update.

i've been having this same problem for almost 2 weeks now...when will this be fixed?!!!

same here. it's so random and sporadic. 

are they going to fix that though?

yoo sup fam. mine updated this morning for a few people but idk how long that will last or if it will continue to update. does anyone know if spotify has said anything regarding it? has anyone else's shown signs of improvement? 

still not working for me. so frustrated!

hey my dudes. everything seems to be behaving accordingly now. how's it doing on everyone else's end?

mine still doesn't work it did for like 2 days but then stopped

MINE IS STILL NOT WORKING. I have friends who listen every day and have
zero activity showing in the friend feed for over a week. and confirmed
they do have the publish setting ON. Is this ever going to be fixed?!

Mine is still not working either - it's been more than a month now.

I don't want to jinx anything but I think it might actually be working
again....FINALLY!

Suggested posts