Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

PC Spotify App Won't Play Certain Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My Spotify app will not play specific podcasts. There are shows that simply won't play, I'll click on them and it just sits at 0:00. It works on my iPhone and will sometime...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  My Spotify app will not play specific podcasts. There are shows that simply wo...
  • phoenix93
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Liked Songs tab doesn't appear properly

I had this issue for a while, and I don't really know what to do about it. For some reason, even though I have saved songs as liked before, the library always appears as this (Refer to image). It was just fine before, and I don't even know what happe...

kobicool6000_2-1573568786398.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I had this issue for a while, and I don't really know what to do about it. For some reason, even though I have saved songs as liked before, the library always appears as this (Refer to image). It was...
  • kobicool6000
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

no dislike or hide song option in Daily Mix lists anymore :(

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuea couple of weeks ago I noticed that there is only an option to like a song from my daily mix lists . The option to hide or dislike a song/artist was helping to cura...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue a couple of weeks ago I noticed that there is only an option to like a song from my daily...
  • lpenhallow
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Radio and Daily Mix Repeats music I have Heard Too Often

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMotorola Moto G5 and Custom Built PCOperating SystemAndroid/Windows 10 My Question or IssueI listen to massive amounts of music, which is the main reason why I bought spotify premium. But, there seems to be no good way f...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Motorola Moto G5 and Custom Built PC Operating System Android/Windows 10   My Question or Issue I listen to massive amounts of music, which is the ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Volume jumps to mute randomly

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PC, AlexaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen hearing music every 5-10min the volume randomly jumps to 0. The song keeps playing but muted. It only happens on my PC and the Alexa skill - the mobil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC, Alexa Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When hearing music every 5-10min the volume randomly jumps to 0. The song keeps...
  • bobani320
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Spotify installation problem

PlanFreeCountry PolandDeviceDell Inspiron 5558Operating System Windows 8.1 My Question or Issue Today i decided to install Spotify because a few days ago i had to uninstall it. The problem is that when i try to install Spotify and I open the installa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Poland Device Dell Inspiron 5558 Operating System  Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue  Today i decided to install Spotify because a few days ago i had...
  • dvidbruhm
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Why Cant I listen to old style radio from Spotify Desktop

I can start "radio" from my phone of an artist and it lets me rate the songs, and plays randomely ( kinda) where as the "artist radio" on the deskop app is just a playlest made by spotify. No rating or removing songs. Why did this change, is there a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I can start "radio" from my phone of an artist and it lets me rate the songs, and plays randomely  ( kinda) where as the "artist radio" on the deskop app is just a playlest made by spotify. No r...
  • Alias_Uruz
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Creative G6 unable to play at 32-Bit/384kHz

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating SystemWindows 10 1903 My Question or IssueWhen I set my Sound BlasterX G6 to 32-Bit/384kHz Spotify is unable to play any music. (Other Apps/Sources work just fine) No error at lower resolutions for example 32-Bit/96...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System Windows 10 1903   My Question or Issue When I set my Sound BlasterX G6 to 32-Bit/384kHz Spotify is unable to play any music. (Other Apps/Sou...
  • Sebi4
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop App takes forever to load online content

DeviceDesktop PC, i5, 32G RAMOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhenever I reboot my PC or restart Spotify Desktop App, I can only play downloaded songs and playlists for a while. It takes upwards of 5min before I can see any of the Art...

• Regular
  • Device Desktop PC, i5, 32G RAM Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Whenever I reboot my PC or restart Spotify Desktop App, I can only play downloaded songs and playlists f...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Focus on Spotify changes system-volume

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceThinkPad X1 ExtremeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEverytime I focus the spotify-application my system's volume drops by about 40%. The volume-control in windows stays the same, and there is no visual fee...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device ThinkPad X1 Extreme Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Everytime I focus the spotify-application my system's volume drops by about 4...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

On Saved Files appears songs that I don't have on PC

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn Saved Files tab appears songs that I don't have on my PC

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On Saved Files tab appears songs that I don't have on my PC
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC
    saved files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify changes songs fast

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(PC)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe PC app keeps changing songs, like 10 songs per second until a album is finished. I've tried to sign out and in, uppdated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (PC) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The PC app keeps changing songs, like 10 songs per second until a album is finished. I've tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

clicking on cover art doesn't work when sort by is applied

So the quick lookup functionality on desktop where you click the cover art to go to the song instantly (useful for managing large playlists) doesn't work when the playlist has been sorted by something. It jumps to the number of the song in default so...

• Regular
  • So the quick lookup functionality on desktop where you click the cover art to go to the song instantly (useful for managing large playlists) doesn't work when the playlist has been sorted by somethin...
  • KomorebiKun
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume suddenly drops to zero in Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceWindows computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen listening to music, the Spotify volume suddenly drops to zero. Happens randomly and it does not matter which song I'm playing. I thought it might h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Windows computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When listening to music, the Spotify volume suddenly drops to zero. Happens ...
  • TreborG2
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't hear podcast

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI'm trying to listen to TechStuff Podcast, I've started it from the beginning and am listening until present day. I've been listening to it just fine on my phon...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I'm trying to listen to TechStuff Podcast, I've started it from the beginning and am...
  • fortoxals
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get rid of the "Recently played" tab on the home page or remove items from it

I usually just play a single playlist but today I accidentially double clicked a song on an artist's page and now the artist is listed at the Recently played tab while I highly prefer only my playlist would be there. I tried several things to get rid...

• Visitor
  • I usually just play a single playlist but today I accidentially double clicked a song on an artist's page and now the artist is listed at the Recently played tab while I highly prefer only my playlis...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring some of the old features from Spotify back! (And a suggestion for a newer update)

PlanPremium for Family (Guest)CountryUnited States Of America - ConnecticutDeviceDell OptiPlex 7010 Tower, Apple iPad 2018, Apple iPhone 8, Sonos One, Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Echo Spot, Some sort of Visio laptop, Motorola Moto Z2 Force (This topic is...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium for Family (Guest) Country United States Of America - Connecticut Device Dell OptiPlex 7010 Tower, Apple iPad 2018, Apple iPhone 8, Sonos One, Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Echo Spot, Som...
  • loopdyloop
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes

a

a

• Visitor
  • a
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dislike button not showing in daily mix

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Desktop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueDislike button not showing in daily mix

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (Desktop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Dislike button not showing in daily mix
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding friends

I am trying to search for friends on the 'FIND FRIENDS' feature however when the window opens the error message "Sorry, we couldn't load friends to follow". I have restarted the app and nothing is changing. How can I rectify this?

• I am trying to search for friends on the 'FIND FRIENDS' feature however when the window opens the error message "Sorry, we couldn't load friends to follow".   I have restarted the app and...
  • Moomoo_01
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes